Contribute
Register

AMD/ATI 7xxx and "Rxxx" with Mavericks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey man thanks for the info , for my mountain lion I had that issue , try these kext they worked like a charm for mountain lion but I guess it doesnt hurt to try in mavericks, will be waiting to know the result

My first try at Mavericks with a Powercooler HD 7770 on a Gigabyte 55A-UD4P motherboard didn't work. I haven't had time to try any workarounds, hoping to get some time this weekend. Unibeast installer key booted to a solid white screen with mouse pointer that wouldn't move.

Hi!

I just finished installing my Mavericks but I have no luck with my ati 7790. Is this card supported by mavericks? I can only boot with -x. In the system log there are errors regarding the amdRadeon kext:

Code:
Oct 24 12:11:14 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.iokit.IOAcceleratorFamily - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.Oct 24 12:11:14 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.AMDRadeonX4000 - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Oct 24 12:11:14 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.AMDRadeonX4000 failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Oct 24 12:11:14 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.AMDRadeonX4000 (error 0xdc00800e).
Oct 24 12:11:14 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AMDBonaireGraphicsAccelerator"
Oct 24 12:11:14 localhost kernel[0]: mcache: 4 CPU(s), 64 bytes CPU cache line size

System specs:
CPU: i5-3470
MoBo: Gigabyte Z77-HD3
Mem: 4 x 2 GB DDR3
VGA: Sapphire HD7790 1GB

Hey Klup,

Does your card show up as HD 7750 in About this Mac/System Profiler or does it show up as HD 7xxx?

I have the the Sapphire HD 7750 Ultimate and it works perfectly in 10.9 - ripples on Dashboard - but shows up as HD 7xxx not HD 7750.

Spence

Small update about my issue: I did some googleing and someone mentioned it both the AMDRadeonX4000 kext and AMD7000Controller.kext have to be edited to contain my card PCI id. In the x4000 kext it was already there and i inserted to the 7000Controller kext. Now i can't even boot in safe mode...

And i can't find anything about this error: Couldn't alloc class "AMDBonaireGraphicsAccelerator" :S what could be causing this?

i got my 7850 to work.. some what.. it gets detected by MAC and it shows as follows..

now, the reason i say somewhat is because, the pc seems to be laggy (animations)...

when i open launchpad, it is very laggy and slow.. also when i open safari it takes forever to load images.. and when i scroll pages it seems laggy.. also when the top sites (when opening a new tab) section loads slow as if my pc sucks...

The lag you are seeing is lack of QE/CI. You can enable it by editing AMD7000Controller.kext's Info.plist and AMDRadeonX400.kext's Info.plist. Basically, change to have 0x68191002 wherever you find 0x68181002. Or append it beside it if you want. For some reason (probably no 7850/7870's inside any apple machines) these id's are overlooked inside Apple's Info.plists. Such is life. I upgraded in place my 10.8.5, so I may have had those kext's lingering but, you definitely do NOT want to bother with AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext as that's gone in Mavericks (from what I can tell).

If you successfully put in the lines, you will end up with something in your 'sudo dmesg' that looks like;

AMDPitcairnGraphicsAccelerator: ** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **

Regards
S.

Hey Klup! Do you know how to get HD7750 to work with Mavericks? I tried everything! It boots fine first when i register and all that. But when i restart my computer after i install Kexts with Multibeast i keep getting a "Boot0: Done=-2302304rjfnndsfdsfnkjasdlksdflsd....." Could it be the Bootloader? Cause i can boot fine using Unibeast USB. Thanks! :D

Hey Klup! Do you know how to get HD7750 to work with Mavericks? I tried everything! It boots fine first when i register and all that. But when i restart my computer after i install Kexts with Multibeast i keep getting a "Boot0: Done=-2302304rjfnndsfdsfnkjasdlksdflsd....." Could it be the Bootloader? Cause i can boot fine using Unibeast USB. Thanks! :D

You can try to install Chameleon Wizard to repair the bootloader (select the option according to your config i.e. dual boot, etc). I had the Boot0:Done error but it works with Chameleon :)

HD 7770 Sapphire !! Working fully .))) FBRotate and SwitchResX .)

Is there anything special you have to do to get the 7770 booting on mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back