spc

Motherboard
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
CPU
2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Greetings,

I am a (un)prideful owner of an AMD 6700 XT which I bought with the intent of using with a Razer Core X eGPU to, among other things, plugging external monitors without the insane overheating and lag that this causes on higher resolutions. I was quite surprised to learn that this is one of the only models from the 6XXX series that is not supported. I have been expecting it to be for the last few months, but this hope is starting to dwindle more and more with each passing day. I have been religiously following this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/rx-6700-xt-is-compatible-with-big-sur.312464/page-7 but even there, people seem to have lost hope.

So here is my question: is there any way to spoof the 6700 XT device ID or trick macOS Big Sur into thinking I have another, supported, graphics card? It doesn't matter to me if gaming performance is affected. Only that I can plug one (or more) monitors in 2160p resolution using the eGPU.

Thank you!

Greetings,

I am a (un)prideful owner of an AMD 6700 XT which I bought with the intent of using with a Razer Core X eGPU to, among other things, plugging external monitors without the insane overheating and lag that this causes on higher resolutions. I was quite surprised to learn that this is one of the only models from the 6XXX series that is not supported. I have been expecting it to be for the last few months, but this hope is starting to dwindle more and more with each passing day. I have been religiously following this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/rx-6700-xt-is-compatible-with-big-sur.312464/page-7 but even there, people seem to have lost hope.

So here is my question: is there any way to spoof the 6700 XT device ID or trick macOS Big Sur into thinking I have another, supported, graphics card? It doesn't matter to me if gaming performance is affected. Only that I can plug one (or more) monitors in 2160p resolution using the eGPU.

Thank you!
The 6900 xtxh models are able to fake the ID from 67AF to 67BF using the latest WEG and SSDT-BRG0.aml

Warning:
If you attempt this be careful you may break you graphics card.

Reactions: spc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back