Contribute
Register

AMD 580 with 14,2 Definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx for your advice!

I just tried with the radeondeinit on and the nvidia_drv off, sysdef 18,3 and it boots well up to clover for some strange reason with a higher resolution, but I won't complain. The apple logo loads, it hangs a long time halfway (like with the nvidia card) and then there is a big white flash and the screen goes in sleep mode..... I'm a bit puzzled.... maybe my whole config.plist is a mess, I don't know!

Hit space bar and select verbose then boot and see where it ends.
Probably IOGScrenlockstate.

iMac 17.1 and 18.3 have been troublesome for some users. Did you uninstall Nvidia web drivers?

Yes, in bios set IGPU enabled and 64mb but set PEG or PCIE as primary output.

Further clarification... Do I need to add any kext etc or the IGPU to be used appropriately in High Sierra or does that come for "free".

Thanks

mark

Yes, in bios set IGPU enabled and 64mb but set PEG or PCIE as primary output.

Further clarification... Do I need to add any kext etc or the IGPU to be used appropriately in High Sierra or does that come for "free".

Thanks

mark

Should be fine, but some users will put intwlgrapgicsfixupkext and lilu kext in Clover/Kexts/Other folder. It depends on on hardware usage, monitors etc...
Basically once you find out what works for you best you keep the same configuration for system updates etc..

Hey Gigamaxx, the RX580 is up and running.
The problem was the system definition, as Stork noticed also somewhere else. 18.3 and 18.2 are not functional with 10.13.6 (I got trapped by the new clover, fixed it and did the update). Going back to 14.2 was working like a charm.
I thought getting rid of the nvidia driver would speed up the booting time, but it's exactly the same, with the hanging part towards the middle.
I had to disable the LCD font smoothing because all the letters were kind of weird, a bit yellowish here and there.
I will edit another thread I did to make a kind of guide for this build, hopefully it will help someone else!

Thanx for the help anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back