NVS 410
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but I have never bought anything from Amazon and refuse to do so. A long time ago (c. 1996) they started trying to spam a site I was involved with at the time and generally being obnoxious, so I nicknamed them "Spamazon" and gave them a wide birth. Since then, I have heard horror stories about how staff have been treated appallingly like slaves and not allowed basic job functions like having the time to go to the bathroom.

With this in mind, are the large amounts of Amazon links in the "Buyer's Guide" section an issue?

I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but I have never bought anything from Amazon and refuse to do so. A long time ago (c. 1996) they started trying to spam a site I was involved with at the time and generally being obnoxious, so I nicknamed them "Spamazon" and gave them a wide birth. Since then, I have heard horror stories about how staff have been treated appallingly like slaves and not allowed basic job functions like having the time to go to the bathroom.

With this in mind, are the large amounts of Amazon links in the "Buyer's Guide" section an issue?
We depend on people buying thru Amazon or Newegg using the links in the Buyers Guide or making contributions thru PayPal to keep this site alive as the ads don't cover the costs.

I had an idea... what if you add an international section, so people around the world can use links for their own countries? I mean, I know Amazon is big and ships internationally... but there are some other computer stores in the world. You could take advantage of this and use links from other sites, not only Amazon and Newegg.

There are Amazon links for UK, ES, IT, DE, CA and FR.
Yep that's what I'm saying... to expand it a little, 'cause I moved to SouthAmerica and is not that easy no get things from Amazon. But it was just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back