Contribute
Register

Amazon 3rd party seller selling a weak 9 year old "gaming PC" for $430 ?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Just saw this browsing Amazon.com and was rather shocked. Amazing what LED lighting can get younger kids to buy.
Has a dual core i5-650 from 2010 and a GTX 650 1GB from about 2012. Probably a cheap refurbished mATX motherboard. It's the #86 best seller in tower computers on Amazon. So about $60 - $70 worth of components thrown into a new CM case with RGB lights. Charge $430 for it. Brilliant.

This should really be illegal if the seller doesn't say these are used/refurbished components inside a new case.
At least one Amazon reviewer, Jacob C. figured out what a scam PC this actually is.
It’s a rip off, you can buy a way better pc a new gpu will not bottleneck in the system. If I’m being honest you can build it for like 200$ yourself with the components etc. it is not a steal and the only nice thing about it is it’s lights and such it is a loud system and for gaming it’s terrible. It’s definitely not worth your money or time. It’s gpu and components aren’t well, it came in great condition and packaging, but DONT BUY IT.

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
The people that buy it, ignorant as they are, are being mislead. It's portrayed as a new computer with LEDS and such. There's no way that the CPU, motherboard and graphics card are new parts. It should technically say at least refurbished because it is not a new computer other than the case and possibly the power supply. If you look at what a new i5-650 sells for on Amazon.com there is no chance they are paying the price of an unused sealed in the box, core i5-650.

In their listing they are saying new and not refurbished.

Last edited: