TBC (building)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,
very first post, so if i get something wrong please let me know...
okay first hackintosh ever done by me, well with your help ..

i have a brand new ProBook 4530s, spec is as follows

HP Pro Book 4530s
Product Number B0M32PA#ABG
System Board ID 167C
BIOS REV 68SRR Ver F.0A
BIOS Date 07-18-2011
Video BIOS INTEL 2089
Video BIOS ATI 06-16-11
Processor Type Intel Core 1-5-2450M
Processor Speed - 2.50Ghz
Memory Size 8192 MB RAM

spec from supplier says:
15.6 LED 1366x768 HD7470M 1GB dedicated BT.2.1

I used HP Pro Book installer 5b8 pkg, and currently updated to LION 10.7.4
i fixed up the boot0 error, so she boots sweet now (many thanks for the guide)

Questions: should i update the BIOS, does this help with anything?
WIFI doesn't work, so i assume i need to change the WIFI card, i have ordered a mac comp USB dongle in the mean time (not sure it will work, but worth a go)

Main Question:

I have Bio Shock (game) says needs 1.5GB memory and 128MB Vram...
however runs really really badly... have i done something wrong in the setup? or am i asking too much of the hackintosh ? my 2D games run sweet as, all most better than my IMAC...

my iMac has only 256MB Vram, and Bio Shock works OK, but i thought with this it would run super...

just not sure if i am trying to do something outside of hackintosh possibles, or if my setup is wrong..

going to try duke 3d and doom 3, just to see.. however someone might know the answer i seek

any help would be great,

many thanks

The thing is that the AMD graphics card has to be disabled, so you can't use that. You have to use the inegrated intel HD3000, which isn't what you would call a powerhouse, but based on the specs the game requires I would think that it would work fine. Try using the Quartz Debug to test. You can find it in the probook installer.

many thanks for your reply, sorry to sound dumb but how do i disable the card?

many thanks for your reply, sorry to sound dumb but how do i disable the card?

If you have ML installed, I think you've already got it disabled, as I believe it has to be disabled for the install to work correctly. Control for this option is in the BIOS.

But I think the point is you're not going to be able to use the discrete graphics card that is part of your laptop, and because of this, gaming is going to suffer a bit. The Intel chip is ok for light gaming, but not so much for more advanced games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back