Register

Alternative to the

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I'm slowly buying the components for the mini deluxe listed here.

My only worry is about buying the Corsair H60 (Water) because of some of the reviews saying it leaked. Really don't want to take the chance especially as I'm new to pc building and might make a mistake. Question is what is a good air cooler alternative that will fit in this case. The Zalman they recommend does not seem to be available.

Thanks for the help

Pete

Noctua NH-U12S
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608040 (the case has a 160mm height clearance for CPU coolers after you install the storage rack)

Have it in my build i5-3550K overclocked to 4.2Ghz (not pushing it by choice) ... quiet and cool
It replaced the Corsair H60 for which the pump gave up on me .. luck that I was in front of the comp when it happened so i was able to turn it off before it toasted.

Hi I'm slowly buying the components for the mini deluxe listed here.

My only worry is about buying the Corsair H60 (Water) because of some of the reviews saying it leaked. Really don't want to take the chance especially as I'm new to pc building and might make a mistake. Question is what is a good air cooler alternative that will fit in this case. The Zalman they recommend does not seem to be available.

Thanks for the help

Pete

I have owned several Corsair AIO liquid coolers and never had a problem with them leaking. Furthermore, Corsair's customer service is second to none - I had a pump go on an H60 after 2 years and they replaced it no questions asked within 3 days (including international shipping). If the unit leaks their warranty covers all damaged components caused by the leak.

I wouldn't ever go back to air cooling - the noise is just too much.

Noctua NH-U12S
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608040 (the case has a 160mm height clearance for CPU coolers after you install the storage rack)

Have it in my build i5-3550K overclocked to 4.2Ghz (not pushing it by choice) ... quiet and cool
It replaced the Corsair H60 for which the pump gave up on me .. luck that I was in front of the comp when it happened so i was able to turn it off before it toasted.
If it toasted then your mainboard would be at fault. All modern mainboards are designed to shutdown if the CPU reaches a certain temperature - a failing pump should never cause damage to your system.

Well i did not want to wait and test if the motherboard had any design flaw ....like that H60 that was not even 6 months old. Anyway I share my experience with the H60 and if I had to pick again between a AIO water cooler and a good air cooler like the Noctua, I would pick the air cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back