CPU
I'm Ignoring
Graphics
Forum Rules !!!!
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used to create my bootable backups with CCC but since ML it is payed software. I favored CCC especially because it supported block copy making it very very fast when a whole drive was cloned. SuperDuper locks smart copies for unregistered users, regular incremental backups won't delete obsolete files and a full copy takes so much time - I suspect him not to support block copy.
Any alternatives?

I used to create my bootable backups with CCC but since ML it is payed software. I favored CCC especially because it supported block copy making it very very fast when a whole drive was cloned. SuperDuper locks smart copies for unregistered users, regular incremental backups won't delete obsolete files and a full copy takes so much time - I suspect him not to support block copy.
Any alternatives?

If the price of CCC won't break the bank, I'd recommend still using it. If $40 is to high, SD is around $27. They're considered the best for a reason and when it comes to protecting your data, saving a few bucks may come to bite you later on.

As doood says, its you to choose one out of task or money. Me too think that you should not compromise with the accuracy. You may look for options like SD and Stellar Clone. Please mind that these are also not free.

Bit of an old thread but thought I'd mention Clonezilla makes a bootable copy of a Hackintosh drive, and its free. You have to be comfortable in a text interface, but it is quite straight-forward.

I've started using Super Duper and Chronosync. A few bucks here and there
well worth not having to do a complete reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back