Contribute
Register

Alternative Native Ultra-Mini USB Micro Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Wireless Dongle Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

beelzebozo

Super Moderator
Motherboard
Gigabyte z690-AERO-G-DDR4
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
3340_01 (1).jpg
A few weeks ago, I found an IFIXIT teardown of the late-2013 iMacs because I wanted to know which Bluetooth solution they came with.

This link http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2639+Teardown/17828 shows in Step 3 that the 27" iMac comes with "Broadcom BCM20702 single-chip Bluetooth 4.0 HCI solution with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) support".

I searched the Interwebs and sound a Ultra-mini dongle made by GMYLE that includes a Broadcom BCM20702 chip.

It came in the mail yesterday and tested it out- the results are positive.

Here are some screen-shots:
74763-screen-shot-2013-11-21-6-41-25-pm.jpg74762-screen-shot-2013-11-21-6-28-13-pm.png74761-screen-shot-2013-11-21-8-24-37-pm.jpg

I was able to successfully pair my Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad. Wake from sleep works with the GMYLE dongle and as you can see in the 3rd screenshot, it's basically a native device without being built-in. Also, it supports 0xF PowerOptions which means it has all available power options (thanks to SJ_Underwater for that info).

This is just another option for a Bluetooth dongle that works oob for about $13.00 (USD).

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Bluetooth-Technology-Wireless-Broadcom/dp/B007MKMJGO/

Note: There already is a Bluetooth option listed in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide.

Yeah- confirmed this is the same Broadcom Bluetooth device id in the IOgear device from the Buyer's Guide. Native and works with wake from sleep. Nice find beel.

My GYMLE Bluetooth dongle doesn't recognise on the Maverick. Bluetooth: Not Available. No any Bluetooth icon on the System Preferences..
is your GYMLE still works with Mavericks 10.9.1?

My GYMLE Bluetooth dongle doesn't recognise on the Maverick. Bluetooth: Not Available. No any Bluetooth icon on the System Preferences..
is your GYMLE still works with Mavericks 10.9.1?

Yes, works fine.

Should I something any changing on the .plist or your GYMLE working out of the box?

Should I something any changing on the .plist or your GYMLE working out of the box?
With the GYMLE installed, post a screenshot of System Information/USB (see example in Post #1).

But problem my problem is when I put it on any USB Port doesnt recognise my GYMLE. I got this error Bluetooth: Not available. No any bluetooth icon on System Prefrences. I deleted bluetooth.plist and restart but still same no bluetooth... I put on this GYMLE my windows machine its working... I dont get it why Mavericks recognise it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back