Contribute
Register

Alternative Native Ultra-Mini USB Micro Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Wireless Dongle Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you bought the right one? There are two versions on Amazon.co.uk for sale:

• Enhanced Range (10 meters) with a Broadcom BCM20702 chipset
  • Long Range (100 meters) with a CSR4.0 Chipset

The one with the Broadcom BCM20702 chipset worked out of the box for me.

Bought this adapter as well from eBay for my first Hackintosh build, tested this on my iMac (if you disable internal bluetooth and reboot with the GMYLE bluetooth adapter inserted it will use that one)

Read that some people had issues connecting to an Apple keyboard, had that as well but you have to push the button on the keyboard a couple of times and then it will connect..

I have successfully got this to work with my Magic Mouse, but only when plugged into the USB hub on the back of my screen. It has a delayed response when plugged into the back of may machine (approx. 1.5 meters away from mouse under desk). I don't think the advertised 10 meter range is achievable.

Found it here:

[AMAZON-uk]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007MKMJGO/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers[/AMAZON-uk]

With the GYMLE installed, post a screenshot of System Information/USB (see example in Post #1).

I bought the GMYLE adapter but having all sorts of problems with it. First it has trouble reconnecting after reboot and it doesn't work to get in the bios like my belkin bt 2.1 does. It also not compatible with apples newest services

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 18.35.49.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 18.35.49.png
    107.7 KB · Views: 488
Try the Gmyle with the Belkin removed.

I did Toleda. I only had it on because if I don't I can't even get into system preferences. Do I need to modify any kext in 10.9.4? How to access the boot menu?

I did Toleda. I only had it on because if I don't I can't even get into system preferences.
System Preferences not loading is a serious problem. Needs to be fixed before any testing. May require a install.

System Preferences not loading is a serious problem. Needs to be fixed before any testing. May require a install.

No, I didn't explain myself correctly. How can I launch anything when I don't have a mouse or keyboard? After a lot of trouble I managed to get the bluetooth adapter working in OS X Mavericks. The main issue with the adapter is reception. Compared to the Belkin, in terms of reception, it's almost non-existent. I mean I have it on the front USB because at the back it just doesn't have enough reach to connect and be stable.

My issue now is that I can't access the bios with it, can anyone do it. If so what settings should I use? It wakes from sleep but unlike the Belkin it doesn't let me access the bios. Another thing is, is this bluetooth compatible with Apple's forthcoming product like hand-off and continuity? I know that the OS is still in beta, I'm not asking anything about it, just if the bluetooth device is compatible with those services as that is the main reason that I bought it.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back