CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
K2000, K4000, R9 270x, W5000 & others
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have an Acer V5-171 with Core i3 3217U (HD4000), Realtek Sound (supported), Broadcom LAN (supported) but every time I try with UniBeast install I get stuck with Waiting for Root Device and fail to get to installer. Tried diff kernel flags but no joy. Using USB2 ports (not blue USB3) for install.

On this forum I saw several posts saying Waiting for Root Device means it cannot find your HDD (not sure if that means the internal HDD or the USB device that is acting as a temporary HDD booting the system up).

I am lost as to what to try and wondering if removing the laptops HDD, putting into my Mac system and copying OSX install to an HD partition would allow me to boot the laptop up....

If this was a way to success it would be posted everywhere.
Even if it did work you would have extensive surgery on yor system to make it work.
Is OSX first partition and only drive?
Boot 0 error ?
Is drive named Mountain Lion ?
You might check the Laptop section of forum.

I have an Acer V5-171 with Core i3 3217U (HD4000), Realtek Sound (supported), Broadcom LAN (supported) but every time I try with UniBeast install I get stuck with Waiting for Root Device and fail to get to installer. Tried diff kernel flags but no joy. Using USB2 ports (not blue USB3) for install.

On this forum I saw several posts saying Waiting for Root Device means it cannot find your HDD (not sure if that means the internal HDD or the USB device that is acting as a temporary HDD booting the system up).

I am lost as to what to try and wondering if removing the laptops HDD, putting into my Mac system and copying OSX install to an HD partition would allow me to boot the laptop up....

Does the BIOS have a setting for IDE/AHCI for the hard drive? OS X requires AHCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back