Contribute
Register

ALS not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@yoannez

Please send me your DSDT, the one you boot with right now. Or even better, the whole EFI folder. I will try to help you make it work, the best I can.

@kecinzer

The light sensor should work in windows, and with a flashlight f.e. it would be easy to find in the frame of your screen assembly. Can't be that hidden. Otherwise, no one built in.
I did some more investigation and it seems that my laptop don’t have ambient light sensor :). I red specifications and it is in display with IR camera, that I don’t have.

@kecinzer

Then, you've got the same issue than me :). I also thought I have a sensor built in, but I don't. We're out of luck xD.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 86
@yoannez

First of all, you should never be loading a patched DSDT in OpenCore, what exactly are you patching there? Also, I forgot to tell you: I need your *vanilla* DSDT, go into MaciASL > File > New From Acpi > Save, then upload here.

@kecinzer

Then, you've got the same issue than me :). I also thought I have a sensor built in, but I don't. We're out of luck xD.
It’s not that big deal, I can live with it. But what is worse, I just discovered, that DRM not working on my setup (I can’t play my Apple TV+ shows), that is much bigger trouble :).

@kecinzer

I've never heard of DRM, to be honest here. It's something with content protection, google said. Are your iServices working? AppStore, iCloud, iMessage, ...

It’s not that big deal, I can live with it. But what is worse, I just discovered, that DRM not working on my setup (I can’t play my Apple TV+ shows), that is much bigger trouble :).
common on laptops, chaps over at Acidanthera are working on various fixes

works on desktops with amd graphics

maybe soon there may be hope

I’m sorry about interaction about DRM, I just want to complain here even its completly off topic :). We will see in future.

@yoannez

First of all, you should never be loading a patched DSDT in OpenCore, what exactly are you patching there? Also, I forgot to tell you: I need your *vanilla* DSDT, go into MaciASL > File > New From Acpi > Save, then upload here.

Humm ok I didn't know that. I patched the DSDT for battery management. How am I suppose to do it without patching DSDT? I just recently migrated to Opencore.
Here are the original unpatched, Clover extracted files.

Attachments

• origin copy.zip
    56.9 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back