Contribute
Register

ALS not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@favoriti

I don't have one either... What a shame, all of this for nothing xD.

Well, at least now I know.

@favoriti
I don't have one either... What a shame, all of this for nothing xD.
Well, at least now I know.
would not say for nothing because i always learn stuff when trying something new !

would not say for nothing because i always learn stuff when trying something new !

Sure thing! I did learn new stuff, should look at it from the bright side :) Thank you for helping me out during the process!

Any progress on this?
I would really like to make auto brightness work. I have this settings on laptop display, but it seems not working.

I have ALS0 in IOReg and this in SSDT patch:

Code:
Device (_SB.ALS0)
    {
        Name (_HID, "ACPI0008" /* Ambient Light Sensor Device */)  // _HID: Hardware ID
        Name (_CID, "smc-als")  // _CID: Compatible ID
        Name (_ALI, 0x012C)  // _ALI: Ambient Light Illuminance
        Name (_ALR, Package (0x01)  // _ALR: Ambient Light Response
        {
            Package (0x02)
            {
                0x64,
                0x012C
            }
        })
    }

@kecinzer

Do you have a light sensor built in? *Really* check on that. If that's the case, there's no need to spoof one with this SSDT if you want to try it out. Is it ALSD or ALS0? Because, you need to just rename it and use SMCLightSensor to give it a shot.

I'm keen to try it out. what can I do to help? I have a laptop with light sensor and I get the same message in kernel log
kernel: (Lilu) SMCLightSensor alsd: @ No iterator

@yoannez

Is your light sensor working in windows? Check it and make 100% sure, otherways you'll waste time like I did.

According to laptop specification it has ambient light sensor, but I can't find it in DSDT so I'm afraid I have no luck. I also found, that my ALS0 SSDT is only fake one.
I don't know why I need it :).

@kecinzer

The light sensor should work in windows, and with a flashlight f.e. it would be easy to find in the frame of your screen assembly. Can't be that hidden. Otherwise, no one built in.

Hi, yes the light sensor is working in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back