i7-6700K
Graphics
Radeon RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...abyte-z170mx-gaming-5-i5-6600k-3-5ghz.211098/ (using last Sierra available)

Everything works fine (and fast, with nVidia Web Driver), except one thing: I can't use two monitors (the second one isn't detected).
Both monitors are similar (Samsung T27B350 and T27C310). Both work just fine (but not both).
It seems only one DVI port is working (HDMI is not, the second DVI (that without Analog pins) also is not).
I don't have DP adaptors, so, can't test this.

Tried Mac 14,1, 14,2 and 17,1.
Also tried the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy KextsToPatch.

hey, what ethernet drivers do you use? for me ethernet is recognized, but it does not recognize any cable

edit: Nevermind, AppleIntelMausiEthernet solved the problem. but audio is not yet working

Last edited:
Followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...abyte-z170mx-gaming-5-i5-6600k-3-5ghz.211098/ (using last Sierra available)

Everything works fine (and fast, with nVidia Web Driver), except one thing: I can't use two monitors (the second one isn't detected).
Both monitors are similar (Samsung T27B350 and T27C310). Both work just fine (but not both).
It seems only one DVI port is working (HDMI is not, the second DVI (that without Analog pins) also is not).

Tried Mac 14,1, 14,2 and 17,1.
Also tried the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy KextsToPatch.

Make sure you are not injecting Nvidia

hey, what ethernet drivers do you use? for me ethernet is recognized, but it does not recognize any cable

edit: Nevermind, AppleIntelMausiEthernet solved the problem. but audio is not yet working
Make sure you have the same MoBo revision than mine.
In Windows, I have a Killer network adapter (in other revisions it's an Realtek, I guess).
I'm using the Athereos 2200 LAN and works on that network adapter. You can try others (maybe all of them)?

Make sure you are not injecting Nvidia
Yep. I'm using the web drivers now and (almost) everything works wonderfully well.
One minor issue remains: when open too many chrome tabs with sound and the sound is muted, sometimes the sound board crashes and emit white noise at maximum volume (the first time was about 2AM... my neighbors found that awesome, I'm sure)

BTW, last Sierra updated fine (it booted with default drivers, but soon the nVidia tool downloaded and installed a new driver). Even NightShift works fine ˆˆ

For me, it's just about the keyboard... man... apple keyboard layout just suckz >.< On the other hand, it's far more usable on a slow HDD drive than Windows (I wish I had another 240Gb SSD to use in my Hackintosh)

Edit: sleep doesn't work everytime... but with a 1800W power suply, I really don't use it (even in Windows).

Yep. I'm using the web drivers now and (almost) everything works wonderfully well.
One minor issue remains: when open too many chrome tabs with sound and the sound is muted, sometimes the sound board crashes and emit white noise at maximum volume (the first time was about 2AM... my neighbors found that awesome, I'm sure)

BTW, last Sierra updated fine (it booted with default drivers, but soon the nVidia tool downloaded and installed a new driver). Even NightShift works fine ˆˆ

For me, it's just about the keyboard... man... apple keyboard layout just suckz >.< On the other hand, it's far more usable on a slow HDD drive than Windows (I wish I had another 240Gb SSD to use in my Hackintosh)

Edit: sleep doesn't work everytime... but with a 1800W power suply, I really don't use it (even in Windows).

You can changed the modifier keys layout in System Prefs. I use a corsair mechanical keyboard that I got customeac keys for and modified the layout. I am used to the Apple layout though.

Hey, you mentioned that the HDMI wasn't working. Was this only when trying to set up dual monitors or do you have issues with web drivers and HDMI in general? I've tried with both DP and HDMI and had no luck in general and we have pretty similar builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back