Contribute
Register

ALMOST SUCCESS - My Experience on p8Z77-V + i3770k + Intel SSD 330 Series + HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS p8z77-v
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

After a lot of attemps, i got many things working on my build.
Still have few things to work out but it's a good step forward !
I'm encountering a boot issue but probably nothing...

I must thank byakuchi for the help I got here and SamiSnake for the help I gor all around the forum & web.

SPECS :
1. Intel Core i7 3770k Ivy Bridge
2. ASUS P8Z77-V
3. Seagate Barracuda SATA III 6 Gb/s - 2 To
4. Intel 330 Series 120GB
5. Corsair VENGEANCE 2 x 8 Go DDR3 PC12800 CAS 10 LP
6. TP-Link TL-WDN4800
7. DVD/blueray Lite-On IHBS112 - OEM
8. Corsair TX V2 - 650W
9. Cooler Master HYPER 612 S

10. Philips - 244E1 (working best at 1080p Display)

Firsts installs & FAILS :

My firsts tries were very tough and unsuccessfull being a newbie PLUS having troubles with a SSD.

My mistakes were mainly because i wasn't carefull of not quoting too many things in Multibeast at first.

THEN I realized very late that my SSD was propably somehow broken (it lost the partitions and data twice... BIOS didn't find it at start up from time to time...).

Now it is back to the retailer. Now i'm experimenting new installs on the HDD wainting either to make the exact same installs (if successfull) on the SSD or carbon copying it on the SSD.

Last install on my HDD:
Note : I partitionned my HDD like I want it to be used when i'll get my SSD back.
I want the systems OSX/Ubuntu/Win on the SSD, the users folder/Homes on the HDD for data.
PARTITIONS : 1-OSX ML (it will be a back up partition for my system when it'll be on the SSD)
2-OSX User Folder
3-Ubuntu Home
4-NTFS Partition

1-I flashed my BIOS (a while ago but it's worth noticing as it is mendatory) thanks to SamiSnake with the last customized BIOS from BIOSREPO

2-I changed the RAM speed on the BIOS

3-I created a VirtualMachine in VirtualBox (using an owned version of SL from a dead MBP) inside Ubuntu for Mountain Lion to get to the appstore and buy my copy of ML 10.8.2

4-Created my Unibeast USBstick installer in the Virtual OSX

5-Installed ML with no problem on my HDD partition 1

6-Post installed with Multibeast like this :

Capture d’eěcran 2013-02-23 aĚ 18.24.46.jpg

7-Then before turning the power of the PC back on I changed this in the BIOS :
Internal pll overvoltage to disabled
And turned c1e, c3 and c6 to enabled in the CPU power Management.

Best result so far !!! now few things :

STILL need to be improved/solved :

• I can only boot through the USBstick.
On the HDD, I get this message on the black screen before getting to Chimera :
Boot0 : GPT
Boot0 : test
Boot0 : GPT
Boot0 : error

If anyone has a hint, it would be very much appreciated !!!

• SLEEP/WAKE
It works for the screen. Instead of being black, the screen turns light grey and the mouse appears on it...
The HDD doesn't sleep.

Would this be solved by changing the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback?

• BOOT TIME
I noticed i need to use "GraphicsEnabler=No" to boot otherwise the logginscreen is messed up but appears in about 4 secs. When booting using GE=No, it takes about a minute + 20 secs (I won't complain too much about this).

• DISPLAY
The display is very bright on my screen. I use to use the programm "shades" but it won't work.
If anyone has an idea on how to darken the display...! I'm using DVI.

+ I noticed later that Youtube and others won't play vidéos in firefox and safari. It works in Chrome...
Didn't find a solution in the forum.

• USB 3
The ports are not working at all (storage or devices like mouse...)

Exept from this, my build is working fine, sound OK, web connexion through wifi works very well.
It really takes time and patience but with the help of the comunity, you make nice steps towards a config that matches your needs.
A big THANKS to all those who helped and will help, and to all who contribuate to this forum.

Oops!! :oops: Thanks DefBref :thumbup:
I feel ashamed I usually check better.... It's been a long day!
I'm gonna try this right away.

I solved the boot problem by using another HDD. I'll try the solution for big HDDs later.

After many changes on my install, I still need to solve this issues in case any good soul would have good tips :
  1. FLASH : Youtube and all video platforms won't work inside safari & firefox. Firefox read youtube vids before i installed flash...
  2. USB : Half of my ports are not usabele as they are USB3 and even USB2 devices don't take
  3. SLEEP : After the right amount of time or pushing the Power button gets screen to almost sleep (it turns bright grey and asks the user PWD when i wake it up). The Disks won't sleep.
  4. The last one is the boot time but this can really wait regarding the 2 firsts...

I would be very greatfull if anyone could help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back