Contribute
Register

Almost success! Doesn't want to boot after Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Patrik, I have the same MSI Z270-A Pro mainboard and I am planning to install 10.13.4 due to native support for amd cards. (I own rx 580)
However, there is not much information for this mainboard in the forum. There are little bits and pieces of information spread around but it is very hard to follow.
Could you please summarize your experience so we can have a base to start? E.g. how did you start and what parameters you used?
Thanks in advance.
I have a son that is using the computer with Windows/Fortnite and I've been busy with other things so I haven't had time to finish my installation until now.

But I've successfully installed 10.13.3 and I've updated the system to 10.13.4 yesterday the regular way from the App Store on my Hackintosh and it worked fine. But I think I made a small mistake when I installed Nvida web driver as the system recommends. So I now have 387.10.10.10.30.103 which is the latest from Nvida. But it has resulted in that I sometimes get the stop sign when I start the computer. When that happens I have to restart it and on the 2nd or 3rd time it usually works as it should.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the sound work. When I've fixed that, the next is my GPU and after that it's Double Boot so my son can play his Fortnite (I know, there's also for Mac) without having to pull the contacts every time I switch between the systems.

This is my first attempt to build a Hackintosh so I'm properly not the right person to ask for advice, but I agree that finding information for this MoBo has been difficult.

Be sure to disconnect your GPU completely and connect your screen directly to the Mobo.
Your Intel HD Graphics 630 currently connecting your monitor (digitally I hope) requires the following * in config.plist supported by latest Lilu.kext+GraphicsFixup.kext in /CLOVER/kexts/Other and also in System/Library/Extensions [Installed with Kext Wizard or Kext Utility]
  • *In config.plist_Devices >Fake ID > IntelGFX = 0x19128086
  • *In config.plist _Graphics > [√]InjectIntel. ig-platform-id [0x59120000]
  • *In config.plist_System Parameters: NO [√]NvidiaWeb [Required Only after Nvidia PCIE card install and Webdriver install]
You change the config.plist settings with Clover Configurator.

Ok, thanks.
What about other settings in Clover like OsxAptiofix 1 or 2 or 3? CsmVideoDxe ? PartitionDxe and so on?
If I collect enough information I am planning to commence installation. Fingers crossed :)

I not sure what they are but I haven't change them. I have a OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi file in my EFI-folder and I read somewhere that I have to install OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for it to work but I removed it from my system and it starts fine without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back