Contribute
Register

Almost success! Doesn't want to boot after Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The power off button.
:D Haha... I'm afraid to do anything now. It might screw up something like I did the last time.

I rebooted and did the same things but this time I added slide=0 to the boot arg but I still got the same black screen with the same text.

:D Haha... I'm afraid to do anything now. It might screw up something like I did the last time.

I rebooted and did the same things but this time I added slide=0 to the boot arg but I still got the same black screen with the same text.
Are you still able to boot from the USB installer ?

Yes, I can start the installer.
But can you boot from the USB installer then select your hard drive at the Clover boot screen and reach the desktop ?

But can you boot from the USB installer then select your hard drive at the Clover boot screen and reach the desktop ?
Sorry, not sure exactly what you mean. When I select the USB, I get to the Installation menu with macOS utilities. I always get to the Clover screen first but when I select the HDD that I installed the system on, I get the stop sign.

Sorry, not sure exactly what you mean. When I select the USB, I get to the Installation menu with macOS utilities. I always get to the Clover screen first but when I select the HDD that I installed the system on, it doesn't start any more.
I mean that you should boot from the USB not the HDD by using the boot menu (usually f12 when you power on).
When you see the Clover boot screen you should select the hard drive and boot.

I mean that you should boot from the USB not the HDD by using the boot menu (usually f12 when you power on).
When you see the Clover boot screen you should select the hard drive and boot.
Oh... I see. Yes I could! Fantastic! I'm back in the system. What can I do now?

What can I do now?
Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.
Nice, it worked but I had to go in and change the System Intergrity Configuration from 0x0003 to 0x0067. Can I change that in config.plist with Clover Configurator so I don't have to do that every time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back