Contribute
Register

Almost success! Doesn't want to boot after Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z270A-Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 7500 3,4GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming HDMI 3xDP 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Thank you for reading my post!

I have managed to install High Sierra 4 times now, but each time after that I've run Multibeast, it doesn't want to restart again for various reasons. This time the problem is that the boot screen with the Apple logo completes about 60%, then it stops for a couple of seconds and suddenly it goes black and reboot again.

I've tried to boot with various modes from Clover -> Option, but it doesn't fix the issue. Sometimes it goes straight to the stop sign to. Can anyone give me a suggestion? Any thought is greatly appreciated.

I have the latest version of Clover v.2.4k rev 4411 and OS 10.13.3. Attached is my config.plist. incase that helps.

This is my components:
  • MoBo: MSI Z270-A Pro
  • CPU: i5 7500 3.4Ghz 18.2 kabylake (What's the difference between U and H?)
  • No GPU connected at the moment. (I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING that I'm going to install when I get the system running properly)
  • 1Tb Seagate SSHD
Please help me. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
[
Hi,

Thank you for reading my post!

I have managed to install High Sierra 4 times now, but each time after that I've run Multibeast, it doesn't want to restart again for various reasons. This time the problem is that the boot screen with the Apple logo completes about 60%, then it stops for a couple of seconds and suddenly it goes black and reboot again.

I've tried to boot with various modes from Clover -> Option, but it doesn't fix the issue. Sometimes it goes straight to the stop sign to. Can anyone give me a suggestion? Any thought is greatly appreciated.

I have the latest version of Clover v.2.4k rev 4411 and OS 10.13.3. Attached is my config.plist. incase that helps.

This is my components:
  • MoBo: MSI Z270-A Pro
  • CPU: i5 7500 3.4Ghz 18.2 kabylake (What's the difference between U and H?)
  • No GPU connected at the moment. (I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING that I'm going to install when I get the system running properly)
  • 1Tb Seagate SSHD
Please help me. Thank you very much!
  • Thank you for this gem of an information that points to the diagnosis.
  • Your Intel HD Graphics 630 currently connecting your monitor (digitally I hope) requires the following * in config.plist supported by latest Lilu.kext+GraphicsFixup.kext in /CLOVER/kexts/Other and also in System/Library/Extensions [Installed with Kext Wizard or Kext Utility]
    • *In config.plist_Devices >Fake ID > IntelGFX = 0x19128086
    • *In config.plist _Graphics > [√]InjectIntel. ig-platform-id [0x19120000]
    • *In config.plist_System Parameters: NO [√]NvidiaWeb [Required Only after Nvidia PCIE card install and Webdriver install]

[

• Thank you for this gem of an information that points to the diagnosis.
  • Your Intel HD Graphics 630 currently connecting your monitor (digitally I hope) requires the following * in config.plist supported by latest Lilu.kext+GraphicsFixup.kext in /CLOVER/kexts/Other and also in System/Library/Extensions [Installed with Kext Wizard or Kext Utility]
    • *In config.plist_Devices >Fake ID > IntelGFX = 0x19128086
    • *In config.plist _Graphics > [√]InjectIntel. ig-platform-id [0x19120000]
    • *In config.plist_System Parameters: NO [√]NvidiaWeb [Required Only after Nvidia PCIE card install and Webdriver install]
Thank you, @cmn699 !!! It worked! :)

I change the ig-platform-id to 0x59120000 which said was for the Kabylake CPU that I have and now the system started and it works. Thanks!

Now, 3 more things.
1. I don't have any sound. When I ran Multibeast I installed Realtek® ALC892 Codec which it says on there homepage. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z270-A-PRO/Specification
There is no output device in the Sound settings.

2. I want to install the GPU now. Can I just plug it in? I have a Nvidia symbol up in the top right corner so I guess the firmware is installed and should not interfere with the system now?

3. I got this message about the Lilla.kext. Anything I should worry about? Se the attached pict please.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your help! It's my first time building a PC.

Best regards
Patrik

Attachments

• IMG_9535.JPG
    IMG_9535.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 96
One more thing. Sorry for my beginners question but The App Store has an update for iTunes. As long as I don't update the MacOS I can install and update all the apps in the system, right?

Thank you, @cmn699 !!! It worked! :)

I change the ig-platform-id to 0x59120000 which said was for the Kabylake CPU that I have and now the system started and it works. Thanks!

Now, 3 more things.
1. I don't have any sound. When I ran Multibeast I installed Realtek® ALC892 Codec which it says on there homepage. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z270-A-PRO/Specification
There is no output device in the Sound settings.

2. I want to install the GPU now. Can I just plug it in? I have a Nvidia symbol up in the top right corner so I guess the firmware is installed and should not interfere with the system now?

3. I got this message about the Lilla.kext. Anything I should worry about? Se the attached pict please.

Thanks again! I really appreciate your help! It's my first time building a PC.

Best regards
Patrik

• Before trying to install NVIDIA PCIE Graphics card, make sure your system can boot with its own Clover bootloader ( you had run Multibeast you stated) and without the help of a USB installer.
  • Once you can confirm that : Upload the following Screen Capture Images so that readers can fully understand what could be happening on your Monitor screen when you do various checks
    • Click Apple from Top Menubar>About This Mac >OverView
      • Click "Version" under macOS High Sierra to get a Build number within Parenthesis> before making screen capture
    • About This Mac >System Report>Hardware>HardwareOverview
    • About This Mac >System Report>Hardware>Audio>
    • About This Mac >System Report>Hardware>Ethernet Cards>
    • About This Mac >System Report>Hardware>Graphics and Displays>
    • About This Mac >System Report>Hardware>>USB>
  • System Preferences >Sound >Input tab and then output tab (2 images)
  • CLOVER folder from your system disk as a compressed file [ you can use EFI Mounter or CLOVER Configurator Vibrant to mount the hidden EFI partition on the desktop to navigate to CLOVER and Right click to compress as a zip file to upload.

I'm sorry, but I didn't have patience and I didn't think that if I try to install the driver for the audio that it would affect everything.

So I ran an installation with Multibeast only for the audio and install Realtek 1220. Restarted the computer to see if I could get any sound. But now I get the stop signal everytime again. Terribly sorry! I should have waited for your reply and not do anything without asking you.

I've looked though the config.plist but it looks like everything is as it should be. What can I do?

I'm sorry, but I didn't have patience and I didn't think that if I try to install the driver for the audio that it would affect everything.

So I ran an installation with Multibeast only for the audio and install Realtek 1220. Restarted the computer to see if I could get any sound. But now I get the stop signal everytime again. Terribly sorry! I should have waited for your reply and not do anything without asking you.

I've looked though the config.plist but it looks like everything is as it should be. What can I do?
Let us see what we can do from here:
  • Reboot to CBM screen and scroll down to Options >Boot Args >Take a Picture to upload later
    • If not seen in that Boot Args: - field, type in -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware shikigva=1
    • Go down to GraphicsInjector-> and type in, if not already there :
      • [√]InjectIntel
      • FakeID 0x59128086
      • *-platfor-id 0x50120000
    • Go to System Parameters > System Integrity Protection and confirm [0x0067]; if anything else seen, press enter to open the screen to find check boxes
    • you will see check boxes in a row with some with [√]and some without [ ]
    • Clear all Checks from all boxes
    • Next try:
      • Put √ in top 3 boxes
      • leave next two boxes unchecked
      • and then place checks in next 2 boxes
    • Total checked boxes 5 like 3 in the top 3 , nothing in the next 2 and the next 2 have checks.
    • Return and confirm System Integrity Protections shows: [0x0067]
    • Escape and come back to CBM and boot the System Disk and upload image of any problem screen

Let us see what we can do from here:
  • Reboot to CBM screen and scroll down to Options >Boot Args >Take a Picture to upload later
    • If not seen in that Boot Args: - field, type in -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware shikigva=1
    • Go down to GraphicsInjector-> and type in, if not already there :
      • [√]InjectIntel
      • FakeID 0x59128086
      • *-platfor-id 0x50120000
    • Go to System Parameters > System Integrity Protection and confirm [0x0067]; if anything else seen, press enter to open the screen to find check boxes
    • you will see check boxes in a row with some with [√]and some without [ ]
    • Clear all Checks from all boxes
    • Next try:
      • Put √ in top 3 boxes
      • leave next two boxes unchecked
      • and then place checks in next 2 boxes
    • Total checked boxes 5 like 3 in the top 3 , nothing in the next 2 and the next 2 have checks.
    • Return and confirm System Integrity Protections shows: [0x0067]
    • Escape and come back to CBM and boot the System Disk and upload image of any problem screen
Hi,
Ok, I've followed all your steps (System Integrity Protection was 0x0030) and what I have now is a black screen with the text that ends with: does printf work?

What should I do now?

Attachments

• IMG_9543.JPG
    IMG_9543.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9540.JPG
    IMG_9540.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9539.JPG
    IMG_9539.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_9538.JPG
    IMG_9538.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9537.JPG
    IMG_9537.JPG
    7.5 MB · Views: 83
a black screen with the text that ends with: does printf work?

What should I do now?
You might try adding slide=0 to your boot arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back