Contribute
Register

Almost fully functional Acer Nitro 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I activate my WiFi on Nitro 5 AN515-51-75KZ? I'm starting with hackintosh... Thanks.

How can I activate my WiFi on Nitro 5 AN515-51-75KZ? I'm starting with hackintosh... Thanks.
you will most likely need to replace the hardware

I have exact same configuration laptop and i've used your patches. Things that won't work are KB and TP. During boot the KB works perfect but the moment i touch the TP everything fails, both the KB and TP won't work. Help would be appreciated.

Hello @gotmilk70
I have the exact same laptop you do, same hardware model.
If I just use the zip on the first post altogether with everythere there and paste it directly to my clover folder, will I have to do anything else? Or do I have to edit everything manually still?

Hello, how are you? Its been a while since I touched hackintosh, and now i bought the acer nitro 5 and I found this, Awesome! Can you send me the kexts and files you used for installing your distro? Ill be very grateful, Thanks a lot!!!

Hey everyone,
I have purchased a new laptop that is more modern than the Elitebook 8770w I was using prior. I now have an Acer Nitro 5 Gaming laptop that I plan on dual booting Windows 10 and macOS 10.14. As the title shows, I almost have everything working on this system. Let me attach my hardware specs and what is/isn't working :

Intel Core i5-7300HQ (2.5Ghz-3.5Ghz)
Intel HM175 Chipset
Intel HD 630 Graphics and nVidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti w/ 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
A-Data 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM
Intel 256GB NVMe 600P PCI-E SSD (Windows)
Seagate 480GB SATA III SSD (macOS)
Windows Trackpad using I2C Bus (Synaptics Based Pad)
Broadcom BCM943602BAED Wireless AC + BT 4.1 NGFF Card (Dell DW1830) (On order, using older BCM94360CS2)
Realtek 8111 Based Ethernet
Realtek High Definition Audio (ALC256 Codec)
Clover UEFI r4674 running macOS Mojave 10.14

Power Management: Working. Don't hear fans speeding up. Followed PM guide.
Sleep: Working. Used the _PRW DSDT patch 0x6D for Skylake.
Video: Working. Used latest Lilu/IntelGFXfixup and Prealloc Fixup. Full QE/CI/Res. Disabled nVidia Graphics w/ DSDT edit.
Audio: Working. Used layout-id 13 in conjunction with AppleALC kext's 1.2.8 version + CodecCommander.
NVMe: Working. Intel Drive is recognized by the system and can read/write to it but I'm using that drive for Windows.
KB/TP: KB is working w/ VoodooPS2 V2018-0922. TP is working with VoodooI2C V2.1.4 and disabling of Apple's I2C drivers.
WiFi: Working. Used AirportBRCMFixup.kext to resolve speed issues. Airdrop supported
Bluetooth: Working. Used BRCMPatchRAM2.kext and BRCMFirmwareRepo.kext to enable BT. Handoff/SMHS supported.
Ethernet: Working. Using the Realtek Ethernet kext.
Battery: Working. Used Rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Brightness: Working. Used the Brightness patch from the AppleBacklightInjector.kext
Shutdown/Restart: Working.
USB: Working. Created an SSDT for USBInjectAll and ensured only ports installed are active.
Hi can you guide me how to fix graphics and wifi? We have same laptop and specs, my graphic UHD 7mb only , and can not get wifi thank you

I have a Nitro 5 and I'm running catalina on it.

How did you deal with the fan. The impression I have is that my fan is "running like a hell". Can you help me with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back