Contribute
Register

Almost fully functional Acer Nitro 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ImranSefat, I have the same model laptop too so I hope the kexts that I attached help you to fix the problem. I have a question, how did you do to fix wifi problem?, Thats the only problem that I have right now
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:(also there is a section regarding wifi cards as well)
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Everything went just fine, but I want to update my system to Mojave but I couldn't because of the power is not recognizing AC power, in the screenshot attached its plugged but don't recognized, any suggestion?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2019-01-14 às 16.25.30.png
    Captura de Tela 2019-01-14 às 16.25.30.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 273
Everything went just fine, but I want to update my system to Mojave but I couldn't because of the power is not recognizing AC power, in the screenshot attached its plugged but don't recognized, any suggestion?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi,

I got this laptop, the same model as you have, but I couldnt install Mojave 10.14, the installantion stucks at End randomseed, I tried with AptioMemoryFix-64, OsxAptioFix3Drv-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64, with same results, I tried adding the Memory block in SMBIOS section in config.plist and it didnt work. So.. someone had this issue too? and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I just solved the before issue I have. Could you use your keyboard and TP at installation step? or did you use external KB an mouse connected to usb ports? Im using the VoodooPS2 kext, but my KB still not working, sometimes can type but immediately after if use my external keyboard I cant type anymore using the laptop KB, so Im using external KB and mouse all time

Whats ur clover setup, and config.plist? Cause I can't boot from the HD itself, it just restart (thats why I can not know whats the error message), even using the same flags as the flash drive config.plist. So I'm booting into my HD installation using the flash drive yet. Can you do a guide please? specially to get video, audio and KB,TP working?

BTW your internal wifi is working? and the HDMI output?

Theres a way to use the GTX 1050 too or just the Intel 630 can work?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I mark dont reboot at kernel panic, so I can attach a photo of "error"(I cant see whats the error itself) * (ERROR booting with Clover on HD drive.jpg)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-01-15 a la(s) 7.54.12 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-01-15 a la(s) 7.54.12 p. m..png
    2.8 MB · Views: 272
  • CLOVER (HD drive).zip
    3 MB · Views: 222
  • CLOVER. (flash drive)zip.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 238
  • ERROR booting with Clover on HD drive.jpg
    ERROR booting with Clover on HD drive.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Hi

I just solved the before issue I have. Could you use your keyboard and TP at installation step? or did you use external KB an mouse connected to usb ports? Im using the VoodooPS2 kext, but my KB still not working, sometimes can type but immediately after if use my external keyboard I cant type anymore using the laptop KB, so Im using external KB and mouse all time

Whats ur clover setup, and config.plist? Cause I can't boot from the HD itself, it just restart (thats why I can not know whats the error message), even using the same flags as the flash drive config.plist. So I'm booting into my HD installation using the flash drive yet. Can you do a guide please? specially to get video, audio and KB,TP working?

BTW your internal wifi is working? and the HDMI output?

Theres a way to use the GTX 1050 too or just the Intel 630 can work?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I mark dont reboot at kernel panic, so I can attach a photo of "error"(I cant see whats the error itself) * (ERROR booting with Clover on HD drive.jpg)

The fact that you have to ask that question suggests that you are not reading the Clover guide. I cannot just give you my EFI folder because it is configured for my specific Acer Nitro 5. Even if they are the same brand and model name, there are differences that will throw your machine off. Like the fact that you have an 8th Gen Core-i5 and I have a 7th Gen. The chipset and other hardware is different. You have a GTX 1050 and I have a 1050 Ti. (Which depending on how your bios is set up, may require different patching to disable the nVidia chip.)

The 1050 is not compatible with macOS as our machines uses a form of Optimus. (GPU Switching.) HDMI is actually routed directly through the nVidia chip. So you can either have HDMI only work, or disable the 1050 and use the HD 630 for the laptop display. If you like, you can try the option that Middleman suggested in the previous post.

You must also make sure you have the latest BIOS installed. It may improve compatibility and this would prevent you from having to re-patch your DSDT immediately after you install macOS. Not to mention the fact that you will more than likely have to switch out the WiFi/BT module that is pre installed because it is not compatible with macOS. Please read the faq for laptops which has a guide for WiFi/BT cards that are compatible with macOS.

I stated in earlier posts that you need the most up to date VooDooPS2 and I2C kexts for the TP and KB to work. Plus you need to edit your DSDT to enable the TP correctly. Reading the respective guides should help with that.

You may want to try editing your SMBIOS to reflect a MacBook that more resembles the hardware you have on your machine. That way, you can implement PM more effectively, not even working on the situation that is USB port injection.

It goes without saying that you need to have the USB drive and the BIOS settings configured correctly for the installer to boot. Please read the Clover guide thoroughly and reconfigure your USB drive. The first page of this thread also described what was done and kexts that were used to activate certain hardware. Please understand that not every option will work for you as manufacturers will use different hardware between different models and revisions. Please tailor your USB to YOUR specific machine.

I'm new to hackintoshing, could someone help get audio working.

So I have the 1 newer generation nitro 5 so it has the 8th gen I5. I have everything working except sleep and the trackpad/keyboard. the keyboard is kinda weird though, It works fine when you first log in and as log as you never touch the trackpad but the second you touch the trackpad then it stops working and will not work until you reboot the machine.
any ideas?

hey nice build, i have the same laptop with the i5 7300hq and 1050 Ti, can u send me your Clover Folder please? i would like to try if is not a problem. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back