Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hi everyone, i need some advice about boards, i have been doing the homework, doing the necessary research to get my hackintosh working next week, this is what i am going to buy, please tell my if anything is bad for my build

-Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H v1.1
-i5 3570K
-16gb RAM vengeance DDR3 1600
-Case Thermaltake Commander usb2.0 with a Tr2 600 watt
-SSD OCZ 60gb
-500gb HDD/1tb HDD (one for gaming/windows, the other one for mac os personal files and a lot of stuff)
-Nvidia GTX 650ti
-Cooler Master V6 gt

Im gona use the windows side for gaming and MacOs is for work in Graphic Desing and 3D programs(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Cinema4D, Mudbox, etc...)
My doubt number one is the board, i have seen in other post, that the GA-B75M-D3H sometimes can bring out a lot of problems with the sound and video, with a lot of kp starting, i just want to know if some components will give me troubles, so i could do the necesary changes with time. I'll appreciate your help....a lot.

(excuse my English, is not my native language)

Hi everyone, i need some advice about boards, i have been doing the homework, doing the necessary research to get my hackintosh working next week, this is what i am going to buy, please tell my if anything is bad for my build

-Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H v1.1
-i5 3570K
-16gb RAM vengeance DDR3 1600
-Case Thermaltake Commander usb2.0 with a Tr2 600 watt
-SSD OCZ 60gb
-500gb HDD/1tb HDD (one for gaming/windows, the other one for mac os personal files and a lot of stuff)
-Nvidia GTX 650ti
-Cooler Master V6 gt

Im gona use the windows side for gaming and MacOs is for work in Graphic Desing and 3D programs(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Cinema4D, Mudbox, etc...)
My doubt number one is the board, i have seen in other post, that the GA-B75M-D3H sometimes can bring out a lot of problems with the sound and video, with a lot of kp starting, i just want to know if some components will give me troubles, so i could do the necesary changes with time. I'll appreciate your help....a lot.

(excuse my English, is not my native language)

No problem with B75M boards. Easy solution for sound issues for those that look for a solution. Most video issues down to people using non K processor and not adjusting bios accordingly. More people have problems with the Z77 board for sound and video.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

I would suggest using an SSD OSX and a second one for Windows.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Adrian B

Please don't buy the 3570K when you can't OC with that board.

No problem with B75M boards. Easy solution for sound issues for those that look for a solution. Most video issues down to people using non K processor and not adjusting bios accordingly. More people have problems with the Z77 board for sound and video.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/58062-moarfishs-build-ga-b75m-d3h-i5-3570k.html

I would suggest using an SSD OSX and a second one for Windows.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Adrian B

Thank you Adrian, then i'll buy that board, i had done other hackintosh installations before, so i hope to do it well

And that is what i am going to do, SSD OSX, the HDD 500gb windows and games.

Please don't buy the 3570K when you can't OC with that board.

I'm not going to OC, its just that i need a 4core for 3D softwares, for that reason i'll buy a Cooler Master V6gt, the renders could take time, so i want to avoid high temperatures. Thanks for the advice.

But it's unnecessary. Spare a little money with the non-K one. There'S no difference in performance.

But it's unnecessary. Spare a little money with the non-K one. There'S no difference in performance.

So the i5 with HD4000 is not so importat? i was thinking to buy the components from the Buyer's Guide, what processor do you recommend?

If you will use a discrete graphics, it isn't. I just mentioned that you will have a OCable CPU in a non-OC board.

If you will use a discrete graphics, it isn't. I just mentioned that you will have a OCable CPU in a non-OC board.

Then i guess any i5 ivy bridge will do the job if i have a Graphic card compatible with OSX? like a 3550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back