Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G6
CPU
i5-8365U
Graphics
UHD 620
[Success] GA-H61N-USB3 & ML 10.8.1: auto sleep not working

Hi all

I have almost complete the update of my macmini to ML 10.8.1 but still one issue: auto sleep is not working while it was running very well on Lion 10.7.3, but manual sleep/wake runs well.

Here is was I did on my initial config: Lion 10.7.3 on a 2To disk in 3 partitions (1 system and one backup with Lion, 1 data):
1. I unplugged my 2To disk and put a test disk on same SATA port. Installed ML from Unibeast 1.5.3 with no issue.
2. Onced rebooted from USB Unibeast stick, used Multibeast ML 5.0.3 with DSDT file for F3 Bios (have not updated yet to F8 bios, not sure I need this), Realtek 2.0.6 for Ethernet, ALC889 with DSDT for sound and AppleRTC patch for CMOS reset.
3. Reboot was fine from my disk but Disk had orange icons on the desktop. I tried the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector but without success. To solve this, I then tried the following and this was succesfull: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-tuning/64004-orangeicon-hdds.html (basically patches the DSDT file for Orange Disk Icons)
4. Upgraded to 10.8.1.

Being successfull (I did not notice at this time that sleep was nor working) , I wanted to install ML on my 2To: I have reconnected my 2To disk on first STA port and my test disk on the second SATA port, booted on Lion from my 2To disk, made a clone of my ML test disk to the second partition on my 2To with CCC and rebooted: ML was not booting anymore, except using -f -v flags.
Searching on the forum, I found this and this was working http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-customac-mini-2011-guide-notes-progress.html
Basically, it remove the GraphicsEnabler and add "Default Partition", hd(0,3) in my case.

While in my case I could understand the need for Default Partition (as I moved my install from the first to the second partition, even if this was not necessary for Lion) , I am not sure to understand why I need to remove GE ?

Then I discovered that sleep was not working, while working on the Lion partition. I even tried to boot again on my test disk but same result.

I am now with ML running mon my second partition with correct icons for my desktop disks but automatic sleep is not working.

Any suggestions ?

thanks

Quick Update

I tried to update to F8 Bios and have used to F8 DSDT file from here.

Lion is still succesfully auto-sleeping, ML still not.

So no progress yet.

Under ML, I lost my desktop disk icon and had again the orange one. So I applied again the following patch:

# Change ID of SATA device to fake ESB2 AHCI (silver icons for internal HDs instead of orange ones)
#
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0002 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001F0002 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x02)\n
{\n
"device-id", \n
Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00\n
}\n
}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}
end

Question to Macman: is there any difference between this DSDT patch and the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector kext from MultiBeast ?
If not, could this be part in the future DSDT files just to avoid installing an aditional kext that seems no more working on ML ?

Find this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-t...can-break-auto-sleep-10-8-1-a.html#post437769

I have added darkwake=no in boot.plist and auto sleep is now working.

It requires the patched DSDT as described above to remove orange icon : otherwise, "pmset -g assertions" show that external drive (in fact my internal drive) is preventing sleep.

Do not know is there is side effect of using darkwake=no ?

But ML now fully working, including sleep (manual & auto)

PS: it seems auto sleep is more long than the timer set (in my case I put 2 min for auto sleep, but it takes rather 4 to 5 min)

PS: following various tests, I stayed at bios F8 with corresponding DSDT.

Quick Update

I tried to update to F8 Bios and have used to F8 DSDT file from here.

Lion is still succesfully auto-sleeping, ML still not.

So no progress yet.

Under ML, I lost my desktop disk icon and had again the orange one. So I applied again the following patch:

# Change ID of SATA device to fake ESB2 AHCI (silver icons for internal HDs instead of orange ones)
#
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0002 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001F0002 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x02)\n
{\n
"device-id", \n
Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00\n
}\n
}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}
end

Question to Macman: is there any difference between this DSDT patch and the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector kext from MultiBeast ?
If not, could this be part in the future DSDT files just to avoid installing an aditional kext that seems no more working on ML ?

Would you mind posting this orange icon patched DSDT? It would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind I got this working correctly. For anyone interested in making this addition, note that the \n is an error in the code and should be removed from each place it appears. The only thing you need to put in the DSDT is the section between beginning and end, minus the \n's. Also be sure to remove the now unnecessary IOAHCIblockstorageinjector kext. Autosleep works as it should, scheduled wake events work, as well as USB initiated wakes.

I've attached my DSDT with this fix, for F8 bios. Supports HDMI audio.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.4 KB · Views: 273
Nevermind I got this working correctly. For anyone interested in making this addition, note that the \n is an error in the code and should be removed from each place it appears. The only thing you need to put in the DSDT is the section between beginning and end, minus the \n's. Also be sure to remove the now unnecessary IOAHCIblockstorageinjector kext. Autosleep works as it should, scheduled wake events work, as well as USB initiated wakes.

I've attached my DSDT with this fix, for F8 bios. Supports HDMI audio.

>Would this DSDT edit work on an H67n board? I have no auto-sleep, and my ssd shows internal while my internal HD shows as external.

I used your patched DSDT, as it tempted me with HDMI audio. Instead, I have no audio at all :(

Is there something I'm missing here? I ran the 889 option in multibeast, that didn't help, and then I just manually swapped the patched DSDT into /Extra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back