Register

(Alldo)Cube Mix Plus - Catalina 10.15

Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
HI, this is not properly a guide but I'm sharing with you the conf to make Catalina work on the Cube Mix Plus.

Specifications:
CPU m37y-30
4go ddr3l
m2 Sata foresee 128 go
intel micros secure card
alc283
intel 3165 dual channel a/c combo wifi/bt
usb-c
micro-usb
SVIO front and rear camera
FTSC1000 touchscreen
WCOM4002 pen
Dock keyboard usb, ps/2 touchpad
usb3 on dock
battery dual Intel SR 1 Real Battery

Not working:
Internal card reader(intel one, no hope)
wifi card(still intel stuff, no hope too but bluetooth works fine)
Dock trackpad
Cameras(i2c, no way)
Audio shortcut on the keyboard

Bugs:
Every boot you have to press twice the "caps lock" to make the keyboard working properly.
The battery meter doesn't change the charging/discharging state properly (don't know what's the cause, I have no time to find out a fix)
The device doesn't go to sleep closing the lid.

Configuration and installation:
Boot bios and:
-enable CSM and set as "Boot Option Filter" "UEFI and Legacy"
-set in chipset - System Agent (SA) Configuration - Graphics Configuration - DVMT Pre-Allocated as 64M.
-no need to disable vt-d , clover disables it with "dart=0"

-I advise also to enable Thunderbolt (TM) Support to enable the type-c port.
-I advise also (if you have the "chinese" version of the tablet) to do BIOS -> Boot -> Quick boot -> Disable and get rid of the Chinese logo. Thanks to @asusceleron

Now let's install osx.
Use Rehab's guide to make a bootable installer of Catalina(Use APTIOMEMORYFIX) and apply the H_EC to EC fix in the clover config (needed from Catalina to boot the installer/system).

Boot in system and, after you installed Clover as Rehab's Guide, mount efi and go to clover folder(/EFI/EFI/CLOVER).
Replace the config.plist with the one attached, then copy the file SSDT-MixPlus.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched and replace the kext folder with the zip's one.

Don't install the kext on /L/E/: Catalina has some problem with kext in system and the clover config attached forces the kext injection.

NOTE:
AppleALC in "install kexts" is a modified version of it to enable the mic, If you replace (or update) your AppleALC kext with the original version you'll lose the mic.
A big thanks to @zhangguangcai that fixed a lot of things (including audio) up to High Sierra.

Audio/Touchscreen/Wacom can not work at the first 3 reboots.

If you want a working iMessage please set a Board Serial Number, a Serial Number and a SmUUID (google them if you need)

From Mojave the brightness bug should be over.

If you come from a stock Cube(or AlldoCube) Mix Plus you probably have a 100 mb efi partition. I suggest you to upgrade this size to 260 using windows and MiniPartitionTool(if you want help just ask)

Attachments

Last edited: