Register

(Alldo)Cube Mix Plus - Big Sur 11.0 [CLOVER]

Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
HI, this is not properly a guide but I'm sharing with you the conf to make Big Sur work on the Cube Mix Plus.

Specifications:
CPU m37y-30
4go ddr3l
m2 Sata foresee 128 go
intel micros secure card
alc283
intel 3165 dual channel a/c combo wifi/bt
usb-c
micro-usb
SVIO front and rear camera
FTSC1000 touchscreen
WCOM4002 pen
Dock keyboard usb, ps/2 touchpad
usb3 on dock
battery dual Intel SR 1 Real Battery

Not working:
Internal card reader(intel one, no hope)
Dock trackpad
Cameras(i2c, no way)
Audio shortcut on the keyboard

Bugs:
The battery meter has some problem when connected/disconnected with the original charger. I use a type-C charger and have no problem.
The device doesn't go to sleep closing the lid.

Configuration and installation:
Boot bios and:
-enable CSM and set as "Boot Option Filter" "UEFI and Legacy"
-set in chipset - System Agent (SA) Configuration - Graphics Configuration - DVMT Pre-Allocated as 64M.
-no need to disable vt-d , clover disables it with "dart=0"

-I advise also to enable Thunderbolt (TM) Support to enable the type-c port.
-I advise also (if you have the "chinese" version of the tablet) to do BIOS -> Boot -> Quick boot -> Disable and get rid of the Chinese logo. Thanks to @asusceleron

Now let's install osx.

Build your installation usb stick and install clover on it. Replace the config.plist with the one attached, then copy the file SSDT-MixPlus.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched and put the kexts in the zip in CLOVER/kexts/Other (remove all the other folder in ketxs).

Don't install the kext on /L/E/: since Catalina macos has some problem with kext in system and the clover config attached forces the kext injection.

When booting system you need to use the preboot entry. You can modify the config.plist (after the installation process is over) adding to the hide field the name of the macos partition(this way it will be shown only preboot)

NOTE:
The Airportitlwm version in this zip is only for Big Sur, you can still replace it with the one for Catalina or with the universal itlwm (I didn't test this configuration to boot Catalina, in fact I'll not remove the files in the Catalina thread. Please, let me know if this configuration works with Catalina).
AppleALC in the zip folder is a modified version with an additional platform id that allows us to use the mic. The platform id is currently pending approval in github so in the future it may be possible to upgrade to the official kext. For now, if you replace the kext with the official one you'd lose the audio.
A big thanks to @zhangguangcai that fixed a lot of things (including audio) up to High Sierra.
Don't replace voodooi2c with the official version. The kext on the zip is the official version with the plugin VoodooInput removed as it is already in the VoodooPS2 kext. If you want/need to upgrade the kext remember to remove this plugin.
I don't think I'll transition to OC soon, however clover has still some problems with Big Sur: no recovery, you need to boot only in preboot, etc

Audio/Touchscreen/Wacom can not work at the first 3 reboots.

If you want a working iMessage please set a Board Serial Number, a Serial Number and a SmUUID (google them if you need)

From Mojave the brightness bug should be over.

From Catalina the issue with the keyboard in which you need to press two times the caps lock to make the keyboard working properly should be over.

If you come from a stock Cube(or AlldoCube) Mix Plus you probably have a 100 mb efi partition. I suggest you to upgrade this size to 260 using windows and MiniPartitionTool(if you want help just ask)

Attachments

• SSDT-MixPlus.aml
    5.2 KB · Views: 38
  • config.plist
    14.8 KB · Views: 62
  • kexts.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
I3 5020U
Graphics
Hd5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hey didn't work, make vanilla Big Sur usb, then extract Clover-5126-x64.ISO.7z to EFI, copy over all your files, but Clover not show Big Sur Installation?

Motherboard
CPU
I3 5020U
Graphics
Hd5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Your CLOVER at the SLOW BOOT thread show the Big Sur Installation but stuck at very 1st stage EC<kernelextension..bla..bla..>

Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
same, Big Sur Installation not show
Try to press Fn+F3.
In this configuration I have hidden "macos" in the config plist. I forgot to advise you about that.
You need to press Fn+F3 on the clover screen or modify the config.plist commenting the "macos" in the hide field.
I have hidden "macos" because the partition I have installed Big Sur is called "macos". This way Clover shows only windows and preboot and not the other boot entry "macos" that doesn't work with big sur. This has the side effect to hide also the big sur installation disk.

Motherboard
CPU
I3 5020U
Graphics
Hd5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Try to press Fn+F3.
In this configuration I have hidden "macos" in the config plist. I forgot to advise you about that.
You need to press Fn+F3 on the clover screen or modify the config.plist commenting the "macos" in the hide field.
I have hidden "macos" because the partition I have installed Big Sur is called "macos". This way Clover shows only windows and preboot and not the other boot entry "macos" that doesn't work with big sur. This has the side effect to hide also the big sur installation disk.
It is installing but like this when plug in USB-C-to-HDMI?
Photo on 11-19-20 at 23.23.jpg

Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
It is installing but like this when plug in USB-C-to-HDMI?
View attachment 497146
I have never tried to boot the installer via hdmi.
I only tried connecting the hdmi cable after the booting process, never had any issue.
Unless I'm wrong the fact that macos has some issue when you boot with the hdmi cable connected is a common problem for hackintosh on laptop. I just checked and if I boot both my hackintosh with the hdmi cable I have a similar problem like yours on both the installer and the installed system. If I connect the cable after the booting process I have no problem.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
I3 5020U
Graphics
Hd5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I only tried connecting the hdmi cable after the booting process, never had any issue.
Unless I'm wrong the fact that macos has some issue when you boot with the hdmi cable connected is a common problem for hackintosh on laptop. I just checked and if I boot both my hackintosh with the hdmi cable I have a similar problem like yours on both the installer and the installed system. If I connect the cable after the booting process I have no problem.
there is a performance issue running macOS on this tablet. It is getting too hot, that it randomly turn off unexpectedly due to overheat. While Windows 10, Android x86 and Antix run flawless.
Can you solve the heating problem on macOS?

Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
there is a performance issue running macOS on this tablet. It is getting too hot, that it randomly turn off unexpectedly due to overheat. While Windows 10, Android x86 and Antix run flawless.
Can you solve the heating problem on macOS?
I can't solve something I can't experience.
Can you give me some additional details?
What are you doing to experience overheat and random turn off?
Morover, you are experiencing overheat with a fan? Don't think it's normal... Where are you from? Is it hot where you are?

Motherboard
CPU
I3 5020U
Graphics
Hd5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
the problem is my HDMI display is 2k
If I set the resolution to 2k then blackscreen
If I set the resolution to 1080p it arable like that

Motherboard
CPU
I3 5020U
Graphics
Hd5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I can't solve something I can't experience.
Can you give me some additional details?
What are you doing to experience overheat and random turn off?
Morover, you are experiencing overheat with a fan? Don't think it's normal... Where are you from? Is it hot where you are?
I am from Vietnam. I experience random turn off by all OSs I have tested, from Windows to Android x86, Chrome OS, to Linux, macOS, when watching YouTube or open many browser tab, or anytime high CPU usage, and the RealTemp show high core temp. The problem become severe on the summer, so that I have to use ice to cool it down by placing a cub of ice on it back. Now it is winter, the weather is about 20 Celsius degree, so Windows, Antix, Andoid run fine, except macOS