Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
HI, this is not properly a guide but I'm sharing with you the conf to make Big Sur work on the Cube Mix Plus.

Specifications:
CPU m37y-30
4go ddr3l
m2 Sata foresee 128 go
intel micros secure card
alc283
intel 3165 dual channel a/c combo wifi/bt
usb-c
micro-usb
SVIO front and rear camera
FTSC1000 touchscreen
WCOM4002 pen
Dock keyboard usb, ps/2 touchpad
usb3 on dock
battery dual Intel SR 1 Real Battery

Not working:
Internal card reader(intel one, no hope)
Dock trackpad
Cameras(i2c, no way)
Audio shortcut on the keyboard

Bugs:
The battery meter has some problem when connected/disconnected with the original charger. I use a type-C charger and have no problem.
The device doesn't go to sleep closing the lid.

Configuration and installation:
Boot bios and:
-enable CSM and set as "Boot Option Filter" "UEFI and Legacy"
-set in chipset - System Agent (SA) Configuration - Graphics Configuration - DVMT Pre-Allocated as 64M.
-no need to disable vt-d , clover disables it with "dart=0"

-I advise also to enable Thunderbolt (TM) Support to enable the type-c port.
-I advise also (if you have the "chinese" version of the tablet) to do BIOS -> Boot -> Quick boot -> Disable and get rid of the Chinese logo. Thanks to @asusceleron

Now let's install osx.

Build your installation usb stick and install clover on it. Replace the config.plist with the one attached, then copy the file SSDT-MixPlus.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched and put the kexts in the zip in CLOVER/kexts/Other (remove all the other folder in ketxs).

Don't install the kext on /L/E/: since Catalina macos has some problem with kext in system and the clover config attached forces the kext injection.

When booting system you need to use the preboot entry. You can modify the config.plist (after the installation process is over) adding to the hide field the name of the macos partition(this way it will be shown only preboot)

NOTE:
The Airportitlwm version in this zip is only for Big Sur, you can still replace it with the one for Catalina or with the universal itlwm (I didn't test this configuration to boot Catalina, in fact I'll not remove the files in the Catalina thread. Please, let me know if this configuration works with Catalina).
AppleALC in the zip folder is a modified version with an additional platform id that allows us to use the mic. The platform id is currently pending approval in github so in the future it may be possible to upgrade to the official kext. For now, if you replace the kext with the official one you'd lose the audio.
A big thanks to @zhangguangcai that fixed a lot of things (including audio) up to High Sierra.
Don't replace voodooi2c with the official version. The kext on the zip is the official version with the plugin VoodooInput removed as it is already in the VoodooPS2 kext. If you want/need to upgrade the kext remember to remove this plugin.
I don't think I'll transition to OC soon, however clover has still some problems with Big Sur: no recovery, you need to boot only in preboot, etc

Audio/Touchscreen/Wacom can not work at the first 3 reboots.

If you want a working iMessage please set a Board Serial Number, a Serial Number and a SmUUID (google them if you need)

From Mojave the brightness bug should be over.

From Catalina the issue with the keyboard in which you need to press two times the caps lock to make the keyboard working properly should be over.

If you come from a stock Cube(or AlldoCube) Mix Plus you probably have a 100 mb efi partition. I suggest you to upgrade this size to 260 using windows and MiniPartitionTool(if you want help just ask)

Attachments

• SSDT-MixPlus.aml
    5.2 KB · Views: 230
  • config.plist
    14.8 KB · Views: 255
  • kexts.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 473
Last edited:
same, Big Sur Installation not show
Try to press Fn+F3.
In this configuration I have hidden "macos" in the config plist. I forgot to advise you about that.
You need to press Fn+F3 on the clover screen or modify the config.plist commenting the "macos" in the hide field.
I have hidden "macos" because the partition I have installed Big Sur is called "macos". This way Clover shows only windows and preboot and not the other boot entry "macos" that doesn't work with big sur. This has the side effect to hide also the big sur installation disk.

It is installing but like this when plug in USB-C-to-HDMI?
View attachment 497146
I have never tried to boot the installer via hdmi.
I only tried connecting the hdmi cable after the booting process, never had any issue.
Unless I'm wrong the fact that macos has some issue when you boot with the hdmi cable connected is a common problem for hackintosh on laptop. I just checked and if I boot both my hackintosh with the hdmi cable I have a similar problem like yours on both the installer and the installed system. If I connect the cable after the booting process I have no problem.

Last edited:
there is a performance issue running macOS on this tablet. It is getting too hot, that it randomly turn off unexpectedly due to overheat. While Windows 10, Android x86 and Antix run flawless.
Can you solve the heating problem on macOS?
I can't solve something I can't experience.
Can you give me some additional details?
What are you doing to experience overheat and random turn off?
Morover, you are experiencing overheat with a fan? Don't think it's normal... Where are you from? Is it hot where you are?

I am from Vietnam. I experience random turn off by all OSs I have tested, from Windows to Android x86, Chrome OS, to Linux, macOS, when watching YouTube or open many browser tab, or anytime high CPU usage, and the RealTemp show high core temp. The problem become severe on the summer, so that I have to use ice to cool it down by placing a cub of ice on it back. Now it is winter, the weather is about 20 Celsius degree, so Windows, Antix, Andoid run fine, except macOS
I'm sorry I'm replying only now but I was suspended...

Share to you OpenCore, work ok on my system
I checked this configuration.
It seems you are using a audio platform id that doesn't exist (number 14 instead of number 13) and you apply the id in both the config plist and as boot argument.
However the configuration works well. I deleted all the boot arguments, changed the board/system id, switched to platform 13 and added voodooi2c. Works great.

1. can you post what to change? photo please so I will apply to my plist using OpenCore Configurator
2. How do iMessege work, I try all the way but Wifi always take the en0 slot, so can not login iMessege? My system ID previously work with Catalina?
3. I have USB keyboard but can not type ~ character. It become $?
1) This is the configuration I currently use. I rearranged the kext order, done some other thing etc. You can check the differences. I also added back VoodooI2C, added in the list itlwm (but disabled the load, you can load only one kext at the time between itlwm and airportitlwm, but it is simpler to have both in the config plist).
2) iMessage here works great. The problem can be that you shared your uuid and serial number and somebody is using the ids. It can create some problem with iMessage etc. I suggest you to build a new smbios.
3) With big sur I have not this problem, with Catalina yes (I'm using the official dock). Check if you have set the correct localization in the settings, if yes try to press two times the caps lock as I had in Catalina.

2+) I suppose that you run the installer with itlwm loaded and not airportitlwm. I have no problem but I had to do some workaround. I booted the installer with airportitlwm loaded, arrived at the configuration screen airportitlwm doesn't work correctly(I can't login in my Apple account) so I shut down the tablet, boot linux and set OC to load itlwm instead airportitlwm. Once finished to configure the system I mount the EFI and revert back to Airportitlwm. Should work, it works for me.

P.s. The OC version in this zip is a fork updated to the last official commit on github, it prevents the ACPI injection to the other OSes. If you want to use the official version just replace the binaries.
I haven't shared all the OC folder, the resource folder is empty here, if you want a graphics in the picker you need to add the files in resources.
I removed my ids and uuid from the OC folder, please remember to fill the fields with your custom smbios.

I removed DummyTrim as I don't know what is it. I can't find anything about it and the system boots correctly without it... What is its use?

Let me know how all work in your system.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    31.5 MB · Views: 275
Last time, to activate iMessege, I have to use NullEthernet kext and managed to assign it to en0 interface
I don't understand how iMessege work for you without en0 set to an ethernet port? It was a must for macOS, thing change on Big Sur? I don't share my SMBIOS wiht anyone, the one you see in the OC folder was randomly generated. My SIMBIOS is a genuine one, taken from a real MacBook 10,1
Is the MacBook currently in use? Can be that it interferes with your hack.

For NullEthernet, it is needed when you have neither an ethernet connection nor a wifi connection and you connect to internet via an external USB dongle. As we have itlwm (that is seen as an ethernet connection) or airportitlwm (that is seen as an airport device) we don't need NullEthernet anymore.

Last edited:
1) This is the configuration I currently use. I rearranged the kext order, done some other thing etc. You can check the differences. I also added back VoodooI2C, added in the list itlwm (but disabled the load, you can load only one kext at the time between itlwm and airportitlwm, but it is simpler to have both in the config plist).
2) iMessage here works great. The problem can be that you shared your uuid and serial number and somebody is using the ids. It can create some problem with iMessage etc. I suggest you to build a new smbios.
3) With big sur I have not this problem, with Catalina yes (I'm using the official dock). Check if you have set the correct localization in the settings, if yes try to press two times the caps lock as I had in Catalina.

2+) I suppose that you run the installer with itlwm loaded and not airportitlwm. I have no problem but I had to do some workaround. I booted the installer with airportitlwm loaded, arrived at the configuration screen airportitlwm doesn't work correctly(I can't login in my Apple account) so I shut down the tablet, boot linux and set OC to load itlwm instead airportitlwm. Once finished to configure the system I mount the EFI and revert back to Airportitlwm. Should work, it works for me.

P.s. The OC version in this zip is a fork updated to the last official commit on github, it prevents the ACPI injection to the other OSes. If you want to use the official version just replace the binaries.
I haven't shared all the OC folder, the resource folder is empty here, if you want a graphics in the picker you need to add the files in resources.
I removed my ids and uuid from the OC folder, please remember to fill the fields with your custom smbios.

I removed DummyTrim as I don't know what is it. I can't find anything about it and the system boots correctly without it... What is its use?

Let me know how all work in your system.
Had to add also voodoops2 and its plugin VoodooPS2keyboard to make the tablet's volume button to work.
I'll try this configuration for some day. If it's stable I'll replace clover on the first post.

my SMBIOS is ok, some thing else?View attachment 497946
Yes but I think the problem could be that you are using both.
Just try building a new smbios, maybe it fixes your problem.
Morover, have you added your apple account at the first configuration of big sur? I configured the system linking it to the account at the first configuration and iMessage was activated automatically

Hello! Did you find the touchpad model in your keyboard? i2c or ps2? Some gestures work, but the cursor doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back