CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, this is my first build and I am having a trouble of not having the USB ports working properly. I have installed MacOS already, other things work fine except the troublesome USB ports.

GA-Z270M-D3H
i7-7700K
Inno3D GeForce GTX 1050 Ti X2
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Kingston DDR4 2400MHz 8GB

I have 6 USB 3.0 ports at the back, 2 at the front and no USB 2.0 port. I can use my mouse in every USB port. But when I plug in a USB storage (e.g. pen drive, external HDD, card reader), none of them can be recognised, "diskutil list" shows the boot drive only. The only pen drive can be recognised is the MacOS Install drive made with UniBeast. I plug it in after logging in to the system and it can be recognised immediately.

Please advice what can I do to fix this problem. I searched through the forum already but nothing helps. Please help thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, this is my first build and I am having a trouble of not having the USB ports working properly. I have installed MacOS already, other things work fine except the troublesome USB ports.

GA-Z270M-D3H
i7-7700K
Inno3D GeForce GTX 1050 Ti X2
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Kingston DDR4 2400MHz 8GB

I have 6 USB 3.0 ports at the back, 2 at the front and no USB 2.0 port. I can use my mouse in every USB port. But when I plug in a USB storage (e.g. pen drive, external HDD, card reader), none of them can be recognised, "diskutil list" shows the boot drive only. The only pen drive can be recognised is the MacOS Install drive made with UniBeast. I plug it in after logging in to the system and it can be recognised immediately.

Please advice what can I do to fix this problem. I searched through the forum already but nothing helps. Please help thanks!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Thanks for the link. I found that there are loads of information and I am quite hard to follow it. After reading through it, do you mean I need to create a custom SSDT for usbinjectall.kext following the guide in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ ?

And I wonder if Xcode is a must for me to install in order to create the kext successfully (or other purpose)?

Thanks for the link. I found that there are loads of information and I am quite hard to follow it. After reading through it, do you mean I need to create a custom SSDT for usbinjectall.kext following the guide in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ ?

Yes.
And you will need
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

And I wonder if Xcode is a must for me to install in order to create the kext successfully (or other purpose)?

No.
Prebuilt kext is provided. Read the README.
Xcode is useful for editing your config.plist, but you could also use PlistEditPRo.

I am working with the step "Preparation for port discovery". I checked in IORegistryExplorer that my XHCI controller is named XHC@14, is this correct? Or what do the "@14" means? 14 children under XHC?

PS: All of my ports should be USB 3.0, but only the following are shown, is that correct?
Screen Shot 2017-09-02 at 3.01.44 PM.png

I guess the port limit patch means "change 15 port limit to 30 in XHCI kext (200-series)", am I right?

I used kextBeast to install USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions/, am I right?

Where should I put the config_patches.plist file? BTW I am using Clover Configurator to edit my config.plist file.

In the requirements, "- if you plan to use it, install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext", please define the "it" and I don't know what to do with this step.

Sorry for having many questions, I just want to be sure that I am on the right track and everything is going right.

Last edited:
I am working with the step "Preparation for port discovery". I checked in IORegistryExplorer that my XHCI controller is named XHC@14, is this correct? Or what do the "@14" means? 14 children under XHC?

As expected. The @14 comes from the PCIe address it lives at.

PS: All of my ports should be USB 3.0, but only the following are shown, is that correct?
View attachment 276234

You are missing the port limit patch.

Where should I put the config_patches.plist file? BTW I am using Clover Configurator to edit my config.plist file.

Use a plist editor (Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to copy the port limit patch from config_patches.plist to your own config.plist.

In the requirements, "- if you plan to use it, install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext", please define the "it" and I don't know what to do with this step.

It is FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (which routes HSxx from xHCI to EHCI).
It does not apply to your hardware (your hardware has no EHCI controllers).

As expected. The @14 comes from the PCIe address it lives at.
Use a plist editor (Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) to copy the port limit patch from config_patches.plist to your own config.plist.

I applied this to my config.plist but it still does not show up the USB 2.0 in XHC (only HSxx is shown up), my MB is 200-series and MacOS is 10.12.6, is your config_patches.plist still suits me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back