Contribute
Register

[ALL ProBooks/Laptops in General] Our WiFi WhiteListing Days Are 0v3r!

Status
Not open for further replies.
b. Go to “PCIe Ports” > Enable Ports → Select the port number from above (i.e. p4)
c. Select “Restore port4” under Anti-whitelist
i. It should say “SUCCESS!! Dev:ven is registered on port4”

From reading this thread, it sounded like the BIOS is turning off the port (4 noted above) when it doesn't see specified wifi cards installed. And that all 4530s owners need, is for something to switch the port back on during boot, so the drivers can see and work with the wifi card they've installed.

A general setting in the Probook Installer to "Re-enable BIOS-disabled devices" might be of general value/interest, if focusing on port 4 for the 4530s is too specific.

I just got a AR5BHB92 that should work with the OS, but my 4530s BIOS is shutting it down. I'd like to get past that in an easily-achievable way at each OS update.

...And that all 4530s owners need, is for something to switch the port back on during boot, so the drivers can see and work with the wifi card they've installed.

Yes. If you're using Chimera/Chameleon, you can use the special version of Fanreset.dylib to do exactly that. It is in the ProBook Installer.

I just got a AR5BHB92 that should work with the OS, but my 4530s BIOS is shutting it down. I'd like to get past that in an easily-achievable way at each OS update.

It is better to rebrand: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/115110-rebranding-atheros-928x-cards-guide.html

Perfect - I didn't think to look at a fan setting to fix this :shifty:

Thanks so much for your help! This Hackintosh was for a friend's son for Christmas, and I'm sure he will really appreciate it - all is working now, when combined with the pin 20 tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back