Contribute
Register

[ALL ProBooks/Laptops in General] Our WiFi WhiteListing Days Are 0v3r!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question.
On step 5 do i insert the wifi card when the laptop is on?

I have a question.
On step 5 do i insert the wifi card when the laptop is on?

No, you insert it when your computer is OFF. I believe you can hotplug (plug it in when it's on) but you will need to google it on notebookreview's egpu thread.

It would be awesome if we could find a 300 mbps 5 GHz wifi card with bluetooth integrated that is also compatible with Mac. I love this, but it would be nice to have bluetooth, too.

Dose it work the BCM94322HM8L w/o pressing the wifi button just after boot?
I have a hardware hack with a BT module from a mac mini connected direct to the socket, you can see in some old post the pictures.

Dose it work the BCM94322HM8L w/o pressing the wifi button just after boot?
I have a hardware hack with a BT module from a mac mini connected direct to the socket, you can see in some old post the pictures.

Try taping/shorting pin 20...

@lilryu I'm about to buy an 5330m and I'd like to ask you if everithing is working on yours ? And what wifi caerd are you using ?

thank you

Our Whitelisting days are over. I booted with the USB drive I created using the DIY Setup 1.x, taped the radio pin20, and now I am connecting at 300 Mbps. I am transferring with a peak throughput of 22 MB/s (That's mega-BYTES). Here is my screenshot. Oh yeah....it's 5 GHz, too. Woohoo!!! We really need to work on integrating this into our bootloader somehow.

Maybe we can try booting from a SD card :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back