Contribute
Register

All audio is working except optical under Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi artooks

Good to see you solved this problem which I am having too as I have the same M/B as you. I'm completely baffled and wishing I'd bought a board with rear panel SPDIF. Any chance of getting a copy of the kext that solved your problem.

Cheers, Nigel

Hi artooks

Good to see you solved this problem which I am having too as I have the same M/B as you. I'm completely baffled and wishing I'd bought a board with rear panel SPDIF. Any chance of getting a copy of the kext that solved your problem.

Cheers, Nigel
Hi Sure,

I just upgraded to a higher version 1.4.1 today, edited and compiled so it is fresh from the oven, checked it, working flawlessly, please try attaching it.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    960.4 KB · Views: 195
Hi Artooks

Thanks for the file however where ever I try installing it I can't get it to work. I've tried various Clover folders but it wont have it. Is there something else I need to be doing? I'm still on 10.14 will this make a difference? Here's a pic of my Clover folder.

Hope you can help

Cheers, Nigel

Attachments

• clover.jpg
    clover.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 153
I have a different motherboard, but the same sound chip. What ended up working for me and is totally maintainence free was using AppleALC.kext and putting "alcid=98" in my boot arguments. Layout 98 allows sound to come out of the 2 pin header on my board.

Hi antieatingactivist thanks for your input. It sounds like a good solution but how would I add alcid=98 to my boot arguments?

Well I'm not getting anywhere with this. I've dumped artooks AppleALC file into various folders in my EFI folder. I've added the line suggested by antieatingactivist into my config.plist as per attached pic.

I've no idea what to try next other than giving up on Hackintosh's and going back to Windows which I absolutely don't want to do.

Any help & guidance much appreciated

Cheers, Nigel

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-24 at 12.45.50_1.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-08-24 at 12.45.50_1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 131
Well I'm not getting anywhere with this. I've dumped artooks AppleALC file into various folders in my EFI folder. I've added the line suggested by antieatingactivist into my config.plist as per attached pic.

I've no idea what to try next other than giving up on Hackintosh's and going back to Windows which I absolutely don't want to do.

Any help & guidance much appreciated

Cheers, Nigel
nope

should be:
Code:
<key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 alcid=98</string>

Feartech

Thank you your a star. I now have optical out BUT I've now lost my front panel headphone output which is also important to me.

Feartech

Thank you your a star. I now have optical out BUT I've now lost my front panel headphone output which is also important to me.
could be due to the layout-id number you are using

or you could look into:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back