Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Alienware R3 15" 2017
CPU
Intel I7 7700HQ
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1070m
Hi everybody, my name is Pietro. I'm from Italy and I don't speak English very well, sorry.

I'm here to ask help with my laptop and the Hackintosh world.

My Notebook is a Dell Alienware R3 15" 2017 with these components:

CPU: Intel i7 7700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Storage: SSD 256gb + 1TB HHD
Monitor: 15" Full-hd 120mhz

My desire is install Mac OS high Sierra with the minus number of issues.
I have read some guide but the problem for me is understand what Kexts I need to add and the other optimizations that I need to do :banghead:.

Another fear is break the PC (is it possible? :rolleyes:).

Can anyone help me with a sample guide or some link with how to install Mac OS High Sierra on my specific notebook? please.
if it is possible, not a generic guide for "all notebook".
I have found here a guide for a similar notebook, but it was for Mac OS Sierra and with few details :(.

I have an iMac from a friend to create the USB installer... but I don't know how set the setting in the bios on my laptop.
I'll use a second SSD to do this, and the first with Windows will be safe out of pc.

Thanks!!
Best regards

Pietro

Hi everybody, my name is Pietro. I'm from Italy and I don't speak English very well, sorry.

I have read some guide but the problem for me is understand what Kexts I need to add and the other optimizations that I need to do :banghead:.

Can anyone help me with a sample guide or some link with how to install Mac OS High Sierra on my specific notebook? please.
I have found here a guide for a similar notebook, but it was for Mac OS Sierra and with few details :(.

I have an iMac from a friend to create the USB installer... but I don't know how set the setting in the bios on my laptop.
I'll use a second SSD to do this, and the first with Windows will be safe out of pc.

Thanks!!
Best regards

Pietro

Use search to find related threads for similar/same hardware.

Use search to find related threads for similar/same hardware.

I can’t find nothing.
There aren’t the correct kexts to add in Clover. And There is no config.plist configuration file available here.

With an Alienware notebook is not so easy....
the only threads are for a difference model and with Sierra. I’ll glad receive help for High Sierra.

Greetings

I can’t find nothing.
There aren’t the correct kexts to add in Clover. And There is no config.plist configuration file available here.

With an Alienware notebook is not so easy....
the only threads are for a difference model and with Sierra. I’ll glad receive help for High Sierra.

Greetings

Try this in google 'site:tonymacx86.com dell alienware R3'

Thanks!!
Best regards

Pietro

Since you asked specifically about High Sierra with Alienware 15R3 I'll give you some help of where to start. I had much difficulty trying to install High Sierra directly from USB installer. Rather, I installed Sierra and then upgraded to High Sierra, and that worked well for me.

One note: For wifi support on that laptop you will need to change wifi card to something like DW1560 or other supported card.

I recommend using a guide from another place as simplest route to getting Sierra working. http://beyondspec.org/2017/01/04/the-foreigner-macos-sierra-10-12-2-on-an-alienware-13-r3-2016/

For 15R3 audio (both Sierra and High Sierra) go to this page, and scroll all the way to the end and follow directions. https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/issues/16

Then use App Store to update to High Sierra (I did not allow conversion to afps (search tonymacx86 for info) and you can begin all your customization.
For Sierra, I was using SMBIOS MacBookPro 14,3 and that was fine.
For High Sierra, I had to use SMBIOS iMac 18,3 or I would always get black screen on boot. This is important.

Bios, I think the only changes you will need are:
Sata Operation -> AHCI
Secure Boot - Off

Clover boot flags:
Cpus=1 (necessary during installation or it will lock up every time). You need this until you can install VoodooTSCSync.kext

Clover Kexts for Sierra and High Sierra support:
FakeSMC.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext (Necessary for keyboard and trackpad to work. You must have this kext or you will need external USB keyboard and mouse).

VoodooTSCSync.kext (This makes cpus=1 boot flag no longer required)

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Kexts to install to system drive
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (for wifi support with DW1560)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back