Contribute
Register

Alienware M18x R2 issue on install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell whatis holding me up.

When it loads, it's is going threw all the files and kext to get everything running like it should and takes about 2-3 min to load everything and when what I assume is done, it goes to a black screen.

So instead of loading into OS X it just gets stuck on the black screen. I havne't been able to see a error or a panic because it doesn't look like it gets one, atleast not until it supposed to go into GUI mode.

I have tried safe mode and -f -F.

and you have GraphicsEnabler=No other then that i dont know what to say

Firstly I'm confused, are you guys trying to boot an m18x or an m14x? The issues I can see with the m18x is crossfire/sli, not entirely sure how that works under OSX. For the m18x or m14x if you want to install properly you need to do a few dsdt mods, similar to my m17x thread. Firstly though I would disable Raid under BIOS as that will cause the install to be unable to detect internal drives, switch it over to ahci and it should work fine.

Firstly I'm confused, are you guys trying to boot an m18x or an m14x? The issues I can see with the m18x is crossfire/sli, not entirely sure how that works under OSX. For the m18x or m14x if you want to install properly you need to do a few dsdt mods, similar to my m17x thread. Firstly though I would disable Raid under BIOS as that will cause the install to be unable to detect internal drives, switch it over to ahci and it should work fine.

I have a youtube video i will not link you can google my profile. I am able to install without dsdt mods, but it that helps I will make one. It is the boot up that is the problem for my m14x (can only boot in safemode).

Ok now after an install it gets stuck at last 3 lines.
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
AtherosL1cEthernet: Ethernet address d4:b3:d9:28:ee:a2

fixed this part works with safemode -x

so yes i have a mostly working hackintosh on a nvidia 650m and intel ivy bridge. Alienware m14x R2

what doesnt work

finder
wifi
bluetooth
and will not load without safemode

Hello Man,

I have a MacBook Pro 13'' early 2012, in last weeks I have researched about hackintosh, because I'm thinking to buy an Alienware m14x R2 and make hackintosh on it.
I saw that in mx14x, you need to replace the wireless card to get wi-fi working, so it should solve your problem with mx14x r2 too.:mrgreen:
I'm sure that Mac OsX will detected Atheros AR5HB92 automatically for exemple.

If you get any news please, let me know!
I'm very interested in make a hackintosh on m14x R2, I mean, to run the best OS in the WORLD in the best notebook in the Universe!

Thanks, and good lucky!
Pedro Nalin

ps: Sorry for my english =p

Alienware M14x R2 issue on install

I have a similar issue with my m14x r2. I can get the OS to install however it requires safemode to boot. I suspect that it has to do with incorrectly configuring Multi-beast check boxes. I have been working on mine for 3 weeks and just can't get it right.

if anyone has a successful build can you please show a screen shot of multibeast settings so that we can have a guide?

thanks in advance

I saw you got an working VM of Mountain Lion on your M14x R2. Is that right? Could you tell me how i create one too?

Hi guys!!

i am trying to install Mojave on my Alienware M14xR2 i7 3160 @2.3ghz and 12gb ram 1gb nvidia 650m.

any suggestions are most appreciated.

thank you

Hi guys!!

i am trying to install Mojave on my Alienware M14xR2 i7 3160 @2.3ghz and 12gb ram 1gb nvidia 650m.

any suggestions are most appreciated.

thank you

Off-topic.
This forum is for Mountain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back