Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alienware M18x R2 stuck on loading screenl UPDATED INFO

Alright,

My problem is it won't get past the apple logo, and when i boot in verbose mode it just turns black. I have tried numerous boot flags and nothing. I have AHCI enabled but i don't have the acpi option on my bios.

intel core i7-3610qm 2.30ghz

8gb ddr3 ram

My graphics card is a gtx 660m.

IF need more info please ask i will respond asap. I would like this fixed lol

[WORKING IN PROGRESS] ~ Alienware m14x R2

All Factory Settings.

Screen: 1600x900
CPU: Intel i7-3610QM

GPU: 1 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT 650M using NVIDIA Optimus technology

RAM: 6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz

HDD: Momentus XT 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 8GB SSD

Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner, DVD+-RW

Intel Advanced-N WiFi Link 6250 a/g/n 2x2 MIMO Technology with WiMax and Bluetooth 4.0

63WHr 8-Cell Primary Battery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...ocessing_units#GeForce_600M_.286xxM.29_series

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far I have been able to load into the installer but i only see my flashdrive as the harddirve location to install the OS

~ does RAID work with mac os installer? I thought ACHI or what ever and RAID were hand and hand and that SATA and IDE were the bad ones

I'm having the exact same problem on my R2 as well.

Anyone have any ideas to help us out?

[WORKING IN PROGRESS] ~ Alienware m14x R2

Today regrettingly i took out my hard drive without testing to see if it would install this morning. The reason is so all my files on windows would still be there if the install wouldn't boot, since it has to format the whole drive. I am geting stuck again at the something..... .8000000 thing.

I originaly got into the installer after editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Extra folder on the USB

adding:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>

changing:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1 -v</string>

So i do know it is posible with current settings to install mountain lion onto the alienware m14x R2. I just dont know how often you can try this.

~~~~~~~

here is the question would the hard drive since it is an hybrid SSD remember the files loaded by a program i may not mension allowing it to boot into the installer?

Well i can say the CPU works on loading the installer. The GPU is the problem. I was able to load mine last night. went to sleep and now it wont load. If you get into the loader you are set from there.

Try doing this in "Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" on the usb

adding:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>

changing:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1 -v</string>

~~~~~
If wont load Posible use of
cpus=1 busratio=20

Ok now after an install it gets stuck at last 3 lines.
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
AtherosL1cEthernet: Ethernet address d4:b3:d9:28:ee:a2

fixed this part works with safemode -x

so yes i have a mostly working hackintosh on a nvidia 650m and intel ivy bridge. Alienware m14x R2

what doesnt work

finder
wifi
bluetooth
and will not load without safemode

I would ask you how you got it to fully boot but I see you have an m14xr2.

Not sure if it would be able to work on my m18xr2.

I will try a -x to see if I can boot into safe mode.

I was able to install the OS but I have yet been successfull to boot into it.

Any suggestions?

After the install the boot for me only needed -x. What part do you get stuck on?

After the install the boot for me only needed -x. What part do you get stuck on?

I can't tell whatis holding me up.

When it loads, it's is going threw all the files and kext to get everything running like it should and takes about 2-3 min to load everything and when what I assume is done, it goes to a black screen.

So instead of loading into OS X it just gets stuck on the black screen. I havne't been able to see a error or a panic because it doesn't look like it gets one, atleast not until it supposed to go into GUI mode.

I have tried safe mode and -f -F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back