Contribute
Register

Alienware M11X R3 Using UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using this tutorial (UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC), I cannot get to the install screen for macOS. Specs are:

Alienware M11X R3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2537M CPU @ 1.40GHz

Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

For Sierra with UniBeast 7.0.1, I get to the verbose line "prevent idle sleep list: IODisplayWrangler+ (1)" and it stops and goes into sleep mode after about 10 minutes.

For El Capitan with UniBeast 6.2, whether i run it in verbose or not it starts normally and then devolves into this weird graphical error that eventually takes it into sleep mode, I will post relevant pics.

Anyone got an idea whats wrong? I'm doing this with legacy bios because i don't think the R3 supports UEFI, it was made in early 2011.

Attachments

• Sierra Boot.jpg
    Sierra Boot.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 326
  • el capitan boot.jpg
    el capitan boot.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 259
From where did you download El Capitan and Sierra?

thanks for the reply

Sierra I got from the App Store, El Capitan I direct downloaded, both installers show up in applications

I'm using this tutorial (UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC), I cannot get to the install screen for macOS. Specs are:

Alienware M11X R3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2537M CPU @ 1.40GHz

Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

For Sierra with UniBeast 7.0.1, I get to the verbose line "prevent idle sleep list: IODisplayWrangler+ (1)" and it stops and goes into sleep mode after about 10 minutes.

For El Capitan with UniBeast 6.2, whether i run it in verbose or not it starts normally and then devolves into this weird graphical error that eventually takes it into sleep mode, I will post relevant pics.

Anyone got an idea whats wrong? I'm doing this with legacy bios because i don't think the R3 supports UEFI, it was made in early 2011.

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back