Contribute
Register

Alienware Aurora ALX - 2009.. Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

So, i'm totally new to the hackintosh scene! I have an Alienware Aurora ALX (2009 model) which i'd like to install Mavericks on. But... I don't know if my components are compatible! Here's where you guys come in :)

So, i've done a little research, and i believe this is an accurate list of the parts in my computer:

Intel i7-920 CPU
3x 2GB Corsair DDR3-1600
Radeon 5870 1GB
Integrated Realtek soundcard - Realtek ALC888 HD Audio
Custom Alienware MS-7591 Motherboard - Intel X58 chipset

Broadcom 57XX Gigabit Integrated Controller - not 100% sure about this !

Can i hackintosh this machine?!?!

Please let me know if i've left out any important info !

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me figure this out :) I look forward to hearing from y'all !

Welcome to the forum,

There is not a great deal of information out there about this motherboard. You might manage to get it going with some perseverance. I did find a thread suggesting that the on board ethernet did not work, but that could be circumnavigated by using a compatible ethernet card:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=etherney card

The best thing to do as a starting point is use the search facility:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=MS-7591

Good Luck

Adrian B

I should just add that there have been a few Alienware builds completed successfully in the past so you do have a reasonable chance of success.

Run over the installation process by reading some more information from the forum to get a better understanding of hoe it is done. There are guides on installation process, some video guides on certain procedures and lots of threads of information.

:thumbup:

Adrian B

Hello,

I am totally new to the Hackintosh scene and wanted to try out Maverick on my old PC that is an Aurora as well. I have:

Core i7 920
12 GB no name ram
GTX Titan

Everything else is stock on the motherboard. I have so far been able to run Mavericks but the wake up after the pc falls asleep seemed wishy washy so I set the PC up to not fall asleep. Since anytime I'm done using my PC's I normally turn them off this isn't top much of an issue for me. For the Ethernet I used 1115-BCMS722D.kext.zip I found online and used kext wizard to install it and after a reboot the onboard ethernet worked. For audio I found all but the last 2 voodoo drivers worked for my onboard audio and HDMI audio on my Graphic Card.

I hope that this helps but I really haven't had much issues getting this up and running with my PC.
From the top of my head all I needed to look for was the ethernet kext and I just used easybeast from the multibeast installer to get everything going.

So far I have only really messed around with Steam, Xcode, Garage Band, OpenEmu, and a handful of other programs and haven't ran into issues as of yet.:beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back