Motherboard
Asus P8H61 M-LX USB3
CPU
Intel Core i5-3470
Graphics
Palit Dual GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
Hey,

I've got the original Alienware Alpha (Windows) with i5-4590T, 12GB DDR3L-1600 MHz RAM, GM107 2GB GPU. I was wondering, given the convenient form factor, if this could be a good candidate Hackintosh? The BIOS is fairly basic and it's got its own boot loader, but given it's a pre-built Dell computer, I wonder if I can put in another drive and use it as a Mac, or if due to the OS recognising the hardware it'll reject it? Thanks :)

Motherboard
Alienware Alpha
CPU
Core i3-4130T
Graphics
GTX 860M variant with 2GB GDDR5
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
20th Anniv. Mac, iMac, Portable
Mobile Phone
iOS
How'd you go? Did you get anywhere? I've got an alpha on the way - hoping I can Hackintosh it :)

Motherboard
Asus P8H61 M-LX USB3
CPU
Intel Core i5-3470
Graphics
Palit Dual GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
How'd you go? Did you get anywhere? I've got an alpha on the way - hoping I can Hackintosh it :)
I'm going to give it a try in a couple of days, will report back. Hopefully it'll work without issues, if not I might install Ubuntu instead.

Motherboard
Alienware Alpha
CPU
Core i3-4130T
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I''ve got as far an booting to the macOS installer and beginning the install. But it crashed part way in...

Motherboard
Alienware Alpha
CPU
Core i3-4130T
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok - Probably crashed the first time due to installing onto an external USB. Tried again on an internal I could reformat, and BINGO! Worked first time. No drama!. Amazing.

Motherboard
Asus P8H61 M-LX USB3
CPU
Intel Core i5-3470
Graphics
Palit Dual GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
I tried installing to an external hard drive. It finished and then restarted and booted straight to Windows. No matter what I've tried, I can't get it to boot into either the USB or the drive I installed it on.

Motherboard
Asus P8H61 M-LX USB3
CPU
Intel Core i5-3470
Graphics
Palit Dual GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
OK I got everything to install but the only issue is that Wi-Fi doesn't work and I can't find anything on about getting BUILT-IN Wi-Fi to work. So, I'm gonna abandon this project.

Motherboard
Alienware Alpha
CPU
Core i3-4130T
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK I got everything to install but the only issue is that Wi-Fi doesn't work and I can't find anything on about getting BUILT-IN Wi-Fi to work. So, I'm gonna abandon this project.
My understanding is that the built in WiFi won't work. You need a USB WiFi adapter. I use eth at my desk so it didn't bother me. You can get cheap eth to WiFi bridges if you need one - that an option. Or Powerline ethernet, which is great.

Motherboard
Asus P8H61 M-LX USB3
CPU
Intel Core i5-3470
Graphics
Palit Dual GTX 1060 6GB
Mobile Phone
My understanding is that the built in WiFi won't work. You need a USB WiFi adapter. I use eth at my desk so it didn't bother me. You can get cheap eth to WiFi bridges if you need one - that an option. Or Powerline ethernet, which is great.
Well, it sucks that I can't use built-in Wi-Fi. I'm not going to use an operating system which doesn't even support that, I have no need for it. I have hardware and I want to use what I have. Sticking with Windows.

Motherboard
Dell Precision T3500
CPU
X5675
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android
simply replace the built in chip with a hack friendly chip, less than 20 use and voila