Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all.

SYSTEM: ALIENWARE R5 Hasswell CPU
VIDEO: NVIDIA GEFORCE 4GB 780M

PROBLEM: HDMI OUT WORKS. MAIN DISPLAY 120HZ = BLACK SCREEN

After installing the Nvidia drivers with the HDMI plugged in. HDMI out , and the notebook monitor both work flawless with full acceleration. I'm also able to get full 120Hz with my notebook monitor, and my video card is completely recognized-name, and memory.

The issue is when I unplugged the HDMI from my HDTV my Notebook monitor does not come on. i really don't care for the HDMI but the main display needless to say is a must.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, with the HDMI plugged in my notebooks main display flickers as though its being initiated after the HDMI has loaded. NO Flags do NOTHING i've tried them all. I'm stumped. -_-

I just wanted to comment on this - I have pretty much the same machine as you - and to get around the HDMI issue I just keep a HDMI capture device in my bag at all times. When I am booting to mavericks I plug in the HDMI device so it boots properly, then remove it after I get the login screen on my laptop. Works every time, and I have no flickering.

I am able to set 120hz as well. OSX with even smoother transitions = win.

Hello, Thanks for the reply! The capture device, what kind are you using? Also, Any luck with the bluetooth? Would a HDMI wifi media player dongle work? Something like EzCast? o maybe the HDMI to VGA adapter, bigger but maybe it works..

Hello, Thanks for the reply! The capture device, what kind are you using? Also, Any luck with the bluetooth? Would a HDMI wifi media player dongle work? Something like EzCast? o maybe the HDMI to VGA adapter, bigger but maybe it works..

hey!

i make a tutorial

i have almost everything workin.

pleas take a look.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNCjbMMQ52M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back