Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 R4 Installation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added the NvidiaWeb=True and removed the flag from the boot line.

Here's the verbose output...

screen12.JPG

After about 5 seconds of that screen, it goes to the Apple logo with a loading bar, loading bar fills up all the way then it goes to never ending black screen with a cursor. Tried waiting, tried pressing button combinations, nothing changes. I can move the cursor around and that's about it.

screen13.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
Added the NvidiaWeb=True and removed the flag from the boot line.

Here's the verbose output...

View attachment 310996

After about 5 seconds of that screen, it goes to the Apple logo with a loading bar, loading bar fills up all the way then it goes to never ending black screen with a cursor. Tried waiting, tried pressing button combinations, nothing changes. I can move the cursor around and that's about it.

View attachment 310997

You will probably need to disable the IGPU... or at least spoof it such that the kexts for it don't load.

Okay so for the funsies, I took CFB44's clover... changed the NvidiaWeb=True and removed the boot flag... boots up GREAT, super fast, everything in the GUI is very responsive, everything functions (aside from stuff that I have to fix like wifi, etc).

The only thing I can't resolve is this fuzzy screen. It goes away after logging in but comes back every single time I reboot.

screen11.jpeg

After password...

screen14.JPG

Attaching my current Clover, the CFB44's edition with NvidiaWeb=True. I don't know what he has in it that I didn't in mine, but it's helped a lot with progress.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
Okay so for the funsies, I took CFB44's clover... changed the NvidiaWeb=True and removed the boot flag... boots up GREAT, super fast, everything in the GUI is very responsive, everything functions (aside from stuff that I have to fix like wifi, etc).

The only thing I can't resolve is this fuzzy screen. It goes away after logging in but comes back every single time I reboot.

View attachment 310999

After password...

View attachment 311000

Attaching my current Clover, the CFB44's edition with NvidiaWeb=True. I don't know what he has in it that I didn't in mine, but it's helped a lot with progress.

The config.plist in this CLOVER.zip is the same as the one in post #53.

Not sure. Just used the clover from post in 53 and had the same issue as before. Switched back to his working Clover folder. Think it might have something to do with the extra ktexts that he has in there? Any suggestions for the fuzzy login screen?

Not sure. Just used the clover from post in 53 and had the same issue as before. Switched back to his working Clover folder. Think it might have something to do with the extra ktexts that he has in there? Any suggestions for the fuzzy login screen?

Not sure about what?

There are other differences in those CLOVER.zip files.
Use diffmerge to see the differences.

Just shows his AptioMemoryFix is a different file and then all of his extra ktexts and him missing the USBInjectAll.ktext

Still trying to resolve the fuzz.

CFB44, do you have the killernetworking wireless? Also which audio do you have?

Last edited:
Removed the wireless, added a Broadcom card instead. Haven’t patched audio yet, so just used voodoohda to start. Think it is ALC298

My spec sheet states it's ALC3266 but I can't find anything about that :-\.

Added RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager.ktext for battery status.

Still trying to figure out the fuzzy login screen. Got to patch the iMessages issue next as well.

definitely ALC298 in mine. I use auto-login, so I bypass the fuzzy screen (which was usable for me). no issues with iMessages either. latest Clover folder attached for reference

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back