Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 R4 Installation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last attached Clover was from my USB Drive that I was using to boot up since I couldn't get Mac OS X stable enough to navigate around and install EFI onto the SSD. Nvidia Web Drivers are installed and functional IF I get passed the login screen.

So now the GUI is still very, very laggy, and unstable, have to click off the terminal window and then back to it for the text to even show up. Updated Clover to what you advised. This is my current Clover setup, still on the USB, with nvda_drv=1 and AptioMemoryFix.efi, included latest F2 and F4 troubleshooting as well

Now I'm stuck on this screen, able to move a cursor around, but if I put in my password to login... the password field disappears and then there is no progress with loading. Can still move the cursor though.

screen11.jpeg

Now that I'm on APFS..... should I do a complete reinstall to HFS+J? My desktop Mac OS X setup is on APFS and it runs flawless. I read your thread about it. Since you run both, do you personally recommend trying to work out the possible issues on APFS or reinstalling? Could I be experiencing the current issues due to APFS?

CFB44, can you post your Clover? I'll give it a run to see if maybe I can get some improvements. Also are you AFPS or HFS?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I just installed High Sierra this morning - I am a step ahead of you. I was able to enter my password and log in. prior to the web drivers, the screen was very blotchy. screen looks good now, but still haven't injected NVIDIA yet. just wanted to make sure the web drivers loaded. attaching the Clover folder from my install USB, as I haven't loaded clover onto the new install yet

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
I just installed High Sierra this morning - I am a step ahead of you. I was able to enter my password and log in. prior to the web drivers, the screen was very blotchy. screen looks good now, but still haven't injected NVIDIA yet. just wanted to make sure the web drivers loaded. attaching the Clover folder from my install USB, as I haven't loaded clover onto the new install yet

With the web drivers, you don't inject Nvidia.

RehabMan, any ideas on what I should try next?

You should try the Nvidia web drivers (your config.plist does not have the correct settings for it, so I assume you have not tried).

I have web drivers installed and in the boot section of config I have nvda_drv=1. Am I missing something else here?

Okay let me add that in a couple once I get back from this call. Thought I just had to add nvda_drv but guess there’s more.

I have web drivers installed and in the boot section of config I have nvda_drv=1. Am I missing something else here?

Okay let me add that in a couple once I get back from this call. Thought I just had to add nvda_drv but guess there’s more.

config.plist/SystemParameters/NvidiaWeb=true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back