Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed, you have some code (DropOEM=true) in config.plist which basically says 'ignore the files provided by the motherboard and instead look at my Clover/ACPI/patched folder for 'replacement' files'................

but you dont have any files in Clover/ACPI/patched so we need to populate this folder with the files extracted from your motherboard (Clover F4 method and then selection as per post 92)................

.................or remove DropOEM=True from your config.plist file.

My clover folder (as supplied to you) has DropOEM=true and 'MY' motherboard files (DSDT/SSDT but not the ones with x in the name (Dynamic) or SSDT3 (which has bits of USB data in it)

i havent tried my installer without the 'patched' elements as this was part of the 'fault finding' process for me.

it may be that i just needed the USB Port limit fix instead because i was using a USB 3.0 stick instead of USB 2.0?

As a test, try with DropOem=false, no files in ACPI/patched, and drop the problematic SSDT (SSDT-3) with the Clover GUI.
It should be the same as what you did (DropOem=true + all DSDT/SSDT as extracted except SSDT-3 in ACPI/patched).

As a test, try with DropOem=false, no files in ACPI/patched, and drop the problematic SSDT (SSDT-3) with the Clover GUI.
It should be the same as what you did (DropOem=true + all DSDT/SSDT as extracted except SSDT-3 in ACPI/patched).
ok can def try but....how do i drop via clover gui?

ok can def try but....how do i drop via clover gui?

The ACPI dropping menu is available in Clover options. Do some exploring and you'll find it...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

this can help you 'look' at the SSDT files and determine what each one does what.

copy from your origin folder (all the SSDT files and the DSDT file) to a folder on your desktop, decompile them, then you can open them up and 'read' them.

you can then 'patch' the decompiled files (if necessary?) before recompiling them and putting them into clover/ACPI/patched folder.

but in your case you just want to determine which SSDT number is the xh_rvp10 content so you know which one to omit in clover

It's weird: 'About This Mac' reports the resolution at 3840x2160...
Command Line: 'system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType |grep Resolution' reports 1920x1080...
Screen Capture (Command+Shift+3) generates a PNG file at 3840x2160...

Queue theme from Twilight Zone lol

It is as expected. The 1920x1080 is the HiDPI "perceived" resolution.

I'm revisiting this thread as it's the same install as before but with fresh problems............

I seem to only intermittently be able to boot. Yesterday i had a whole day where it would boot no problem, restart no problem. But now today (and before!) i get the following :-
IMG_0252.jpg this occurs 2-3 times in a row then i get into clover

IMG_0253.jpg IMG_0254.jpg but then it crashes
IMG_0255.jpg

if i try booting clover from usb instead, then launching OS X i get similar
IMG_0256.jpg

i can boot to the installer every time but for some reason i can't see any hard drives

IMG_0257.jpg

now i know that my OS X partition works because i used it all day yesterday (so nothing gets wiped/corrupted) it just doesn't seem to find it every time?

any thoughts??

forgot to attach my clover
so here it is

EFI.zip

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext seems to be missing.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi generally required on Skylake. Also missing.
Patched ACPI may be out of sync with native ACPI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back