Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 R3

Status
Not open for further replies.
we patched the ACPI to remove SSDT3

but we didnt actually patch anything (just drop OEM and remove SSDT3) and then USB port limit fix because im using USB 3.0

The way to do that is to set DropOem=false, remove all files from ACPI/patched, and drop SSDT-3 via the Clover GUI.

to recreate this using your own SSDT's follow post 92?

Instructions you expect people to follow should be placed in post #1.

but it sounds like this is not necessary (i'm sure we tested this and it made a difference to installer success)

Unless you know how to verify that the native ACPI files between two computers are compatible, you should not use ACPI files from another computer. Most people do not know how to check, and if they do, they also know how to extract/patch their own, so it is pointless.

i didnt need the unsupported sata kext so you shouldnt either.

just to make things more similar can you follow the post 92 to extract your own SSDT files then put just the DSDT and SSDT files that dont have a * next to them into the patched folder. but leave out SSDT3 as this is how it was for me.

then the only differences are bios version number and your 3rd drive (could try removing this temporarily?)

It is not valid to use DropOem=true without the OEM SSDT files in ACPI/patched.
indeed, you have some code (DropOEM=true) in config.plist which basically says 'ignore the files provided by the motherboard and instead look at my Clover/ACPI/patched folder for 'replacement' files'................

but you dont have any files in Clover/ACPI/patched so we need to populate this folder with the files extracted from your motherboard (Clover F4 method and then selection as per post 92)................

.................or remove DropOEM=True from your config.plist file.

My clover folder (as supplied to you) has DropOEM=true and 'MY' motherboard files (DSDT/SSDT but not the ones with x in the name (Dynamic) or SSDT3 (which has bits of USB data in it)

i havent tried my installer without the 'patched' elements as this was part of the 'fault finding' process for me.

it may be that i just needed the USB Port limit fix instead because i was using a USB 3.0 stick instead of USB 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back