Contribute
Register

Alienware 17 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so I've managed to get El Capitan 10.11.5 working to a semi-stable degree on my Alienware 17 R2 after tonnes of trial and error. I have a few questions and problems that I might be able to work out...

I have IntelBacklight working 100%, full sleep & brightness control through PLNF in Clover Options menu... I seem to be only able to do it this way because when I dropSSDT generateC&P, then include my own patched DSDT and SSDT's I get to No interval found for . using 800000. I have double checked and ensured that I include the SSDT that uses the SATA Information, but it still won't get past there no matter how I configure my DSDT's & SSDT's.

Second problem is, not really a problem because it's already stated in the instructions that it won't work, but I'm at a loss to find out exactly why, but I'm wondering why it states HD4600 will have CI but not QE... I've been searching the internet to find someone who says why this doesn't work...

"By using the config.plist for HD4600, you'll have CI, but not QE."

is there any fix that will enable full Hardware Acceleration in the future at all? As soon as I'm in Terminal, the graphics won't update so I type a pile of commands and I can't see them... I'm assuming this is a lack of QE issue... it causes all kinds of other issues as well. I need full CI/QE.

WiFi is missing, but I knew that would be an issue Qualcomm Atheros not supported, I'll just get a Broadcom.

Sound isn't working, but I'll find the right device driver eventually.

Hey guys, so I've managed to get El Capitan 10.11.5 working to a semi-stable degree on my Alienware 17 R2 after tonnes of trial and error. I have a few questions and problems that I might be able to work out...

I have IntelBacklight working 100%, full sleep & brightness control through PLNF in Clover Options menu... I seem to be only able to do it this way because when I dropSSDT generateC&P, then include my own patched DSDT and SSDT's I get to No interval found for . using 800000. I have double checked and ensured that I include the SSDT that uses the SATA Information, but it still won't get past there no matter how I configure my DSDT's & SSDT's.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Second problem is, not really a problem because it's already stated in the instructions that it won't work, but I'm at a loss to find out exactly why, but I'm wondering why it states HD4600 will have CI but not QE... I've been searching the internet to find someone who says why this doesn't work...

"By using the config.plist for HD4600, you'll have CI, but not QE."

is there any fix that will enable full Hardware Acceleration in the future at all? As soon as I'm in Terminal, the graphics won't update so I type a pile of commands and I can't see them... I'm assuming this is a lack of QE issue... it causes all kinds of other issues as well. I need full CI/QE.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

WiFi is missing, but I knew that would be an issue Qualcomm Atheros not supported, I'll just get a Broadcom.

Sound isn't working, but I'll find the right device driver eventually.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Yeah I've read all of these thoroughly. I even quoted something you wrote there to provide my question in particular about the HD4600... Why does that card in particular have no QE? I'm using all your patches and guides meticulously.

The DSDT's SSDT's are made following your guides as well. But placing them where they go always causes a failed boot. I don't just try it once then come here to ask silly questions, I've been installing this for about 4 months. I've tried DSDT's extracted in all kinds of manner, always decompiled, patched accordingly with what I need, saved as machine language. Using my own just kills it. No matter what configuration of DSDT's and SSDT's using my own causes the same error every time.

Yeah I've read all of these thoroughly. I even quoted something you wrote there to provide my question in particular about the HD4600... Why does that card in particular have no QE? I'm using all your patches and guides meticulously.

HD4600 mobile QE requires FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

The DSDT's SSDT's are made following your guides as well. But placing them where they go always causes a failed boot.

It means you made a mistake somewhere. Unless you provide your EFI/Clover, not possible to diagnose.

I've managed to get a proper boot using my custom DSDT's and SSDT's... not sure what I had wrong the first few compiles around, but it works fine now... I can get through way more stable... but I'm still having a HD4600 issue.

FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext are there in place where they are meant to be... My OSX installation does state that it finds a HD4600 with 1.5gb ram or whatever it's meant to be... it's not doing the 'graphics card 7mb or whatever it used to do... but, I still get actual graphic issues, like... opening terminal, I'll be typing for a while and I no longer get graphical updates of what i'm typing, sometimes when I open a window it just stops, and I get a miniature version of what the window is meant to be... I assume this is a lack of QE or half working graphic acceleration, but I'm not sure because I don't know what's not functioning, all I know is what the full graphics acceleration is meant to look like, because it works fine on my other Mac... what do these symptoms suggest?

I've managed to get a proper boot using my custom DSDT's and SSDT's... not sure what I had wrong the first few compiles around, but it works fine now... I can get through way more stable... but I'm still having a HD4600 issue.

FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext are there in place where they are meant to be... My OSX installation does state that it finds a HD4600 with 1.5gb ram or whatever it's meant to be... it's not doing the 'graphics card 7mb or whatever it used to do... but, I still get actual graphic issues, like... opening terminal, I'll be typing for a while and I no longer get graphical updates of what i'm typing, sometimes when I open a window it just stops, and I get a miniature version of what the window is meant to be... I assume this is a lack of QE or half working graphic acceleration, but I'm not sure because I don't know what's not functioning, all I know is what the full graphics acceleration is meant to look like, because it works fine on my other Mac... what do these symptoms suggest?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back