Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Alienware 15 R2
CPU
i7 6700HQ
Graphics
Skylake 530 + gtx 970m (4k panel)
Hello Everyone,
I installed Mojave the day before yesterday, the update was successful, but there is a problem.
Firstly I have the 4k version, and this issue is regarding that itself.
So,
After the update, I was not able to boot unless I used fake ID=0x12345678
Researching about the issue with other users, I came to know that Intelgraphicsfixup,nvidiagraphicsfixup and the useful coredisplayfixup kexts are not longer working with Mojave, in place of it whatevergreen.kext is to be used along with lilu.
So I tried it, but I am still not able to boot, unless I use the fakeid.
Any help will be really appreciated. Kindly check the PR files attached.
Thanks & Regards.

Attachments

• debug_19966.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
Hello Everyone,
I installed Mojave the day before yesterday, the update was successful, but there is a problem.
Firstly I have the 4k version, and this issue is regarding that itself.
So,
After the update, I was not able to boot unless I used fake ID=0x12345678
Researching about the issue with other users, I came to know that Intelgraphicsfixup,nvidiagraphicsfixup and the useful coredisplayfixup kexts are not longer working with Mojave, in place of it whatevergreen.kext is to be used along with lilu.
So I tried it, but I am still not able to boot, unless I use the fakeid.
Any help will be really appreciated. Kindly check the PR files attached.
Thanks & Regards.

As per WhateverGreen documentation, to get CoreDisplayFixup.kext functionality from WhateverGreen.kext, you need kernel flag -cdfon.

As per WhateverGreen documentation, to get CoreDisplayFixup.kext functionality from WhateverGreen.kext, you need kernel flag -cdfon.

Yup missed that. Thanks a lot its working correctly now.
One Issue:
There is no sound. Should i install the old AppleHDA kext which used to work on sierra and high sierra?
Or is there another way of doing it?
Kindly let me know brother.
Thanks again.

Yup missed that. Thanks a lot its working correctly now.
One Issue:
There is no sound. Should i install the old AppleHDA kext which used to work on sierra and high sierra?
Or is there another way of doing it?
Kindly let me know brother.
Thanks again.

Patched AppleHDA can work if you use a valid layout-id (many common layout-ids were removed in Mojave, ... requires fixing the patched AppleHDA XML to use a layout-id valid in Mojave).

Most of us are switching to AppleALC.kext.

Patched AppleHDA can work if you use a valid layout-id (many common layout-ids were removed in Mojave, ... requires fixing the patched AppleHDA XML to use a layout-id valid in Mojave).

Most of us are switching to AppleALC.kext.

The old AppleHDA worked just fine. :)
There is just one last problem which was there in sierra and high sierra as well,
which is when the native power management is ON, and i shut down the device. It doesn't boot unless i connect to an external power adapter.
I used to work without native PM in the past, i thought maybe it shall work in Mojave, but no luck.
You have any new tips to share Rehabman? Or is it a lost cause and my BIOS issue?
Kindly let me know.
Thanks & Regards.

The old AppleHDA worked just fine. :)

If it was a completely patched AppleHDA (vs. dummyHDA), then layout-id changes in new AppleHDA are not relevant.
It is a bit sketchy to mix in an AppleHDA from a previous version of macOS/OS X though...

There is just one last problem which was there in sierra and high sierra as well,
which is when the native power management is ON, and i shut down the device. It doesn't boot unless i connect to an external power adapter.

You will need to provide details on what you mean by "doesn't boot".

If it was a completely patched AppleHDA (vs. dummyHDA), then layout-id changes in new AppleHDA are not relevant.
It is a bit sketchy to mix in an AppleHDA from a previous version of macOS/OS X though...

I dont have a complete idea on this, so i am attaching the PR files along with the kext, if you can have a look as i dont know what to look for.

You will need to provide details on what you mean by "doesn't boot".

Okay so when the native PM is ON, plugintype=true, then if i shut down, it will shut down fine. But when i press the power button nothing will happen, it will not start, it only starts if i plugin the external power adapter.
As soon as native PM is OFF, everything works just fine. Kindly find the PR files.
Thanks as always for all the help!

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • debug_7503.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
I dont have a complete idea on this, so i am attaching the PR files along with the kext, if you can have a look as i dont know what to look for.

If you're installing a complete AppleHDA.kext overwriting native AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E, then you're essentially replacing AppleHDA with an AppleHDA from a previous version.

Okay so when the native PM is ON, plugintype=true, then if i shut down, it will shut down fine. But when i press the power button nothing will happen, it will not start, it only starts if i plugin the external power adapter.
As soon as native PM is OFF, everything works just fine. Kindly find the PR files.
Thanks as always for all the help!

Try non-HWP SMBIOS such as MacBookPro11,1.

If you're installing a complete AppleHDA.kext overwriting native AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E, then you're essentially replacing AppleHDA with an AppleHDA from a previous version.

Yup thats exactly what i did, and it worked.

Try non-HWP SMBIOS such as MacBookPro11,1.

Still the same thing, no luck. I guess this is a lost cause, as we worked extensively on sierra and high sierra but couldnt find the solution.

One thing Rehabman, I have switched to APFS finally, and till now, im just facing one issue, the loading time of clover bootloader has increased SIGNIFICANTLY, any ways to reduce it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back