Contribute
Register

Alienware 15r2: after shutdown, laptop does not power on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your patch has no effect because ERIB is in EC0, not H_EC.
Don't forget about ENIB and SMD0.
(and note that there are two different SMD0 identifiers... patch carefully [one needs patching, the other does not])

Okay patched it, but still no luck with the shutdown issue. The laptop wont start on battery.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    142.8 KB · Views: 131
the power consumed in mac is more than that of windows, dont know if this will help, but here are the comparisions,
Left mac - Right windows.

jiNXiwh.png

Attachments

• debug_32260.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 106
No other ideas.
You might use google to find individuals with the same or similar laptop.
Maybe they have some idea/solution.

Okay thanks a lot for all the help.
You have been really helpful and I'm really grateful for it.
_/\_

Hello Everyone,
I'm getting back to Hackintoshing as i need mac for a number of reasons.
I am trying to use the old clover files which we created and it works properly, there is just one issue with it though,
after the computer goes to sleep if we wake up, the screen remains blank and there is no change in that.
So i am using completely new clover files and in this the sleep issue is solved, but now in the new clover files, i cant get the sound. So if i again switch to the old files, sound is back, but the sleep/wake issue is present.
I'm attaching the new clover PR files. And also attaching just the old clover folder.
If someone can get the sound working on this clover / if they can help me solve the wake issue on the old clover, it shall be really helpful.
PFA.

P.S - I think since everything is working correctly with the new files, getting sound on this current one should be a better option.
We can just look at the old clover folder and check as to how the sound is working on it and implement the same.
Help shall be appreciated!

Attachments

• debug_29646.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 129
  • Old CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back