Contribute
Register

Alienware 15 R2 Installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand, the FakeID was already to 0x12345678, like it's circled on the photo...

If it's not that, can you explain, please ?

Attachments

• FakeID.png
    FakeID.png
    695.9 KB · Views: 132
If I understand, the FakeID was already to 0x12345678, like it's circled on the photo...

If it's not that, can you explain, please ?

That is not FakeID. config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id is not the same as config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Hello,

That's all you asked for to me.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 91
Hello,

That's all you asked for to me.

Your config.plist does not specify a FakeID.

Clover/kexts is not per-guide.
No need for patched ACPI to reach the installer.

So, what is the problem ?

So, what is the problem ?

You should remove patched ACPI files as they could be causing an issue (I didn't look to see if they were valid).
And you should specify an invalid FakeID to take graphics issues out of the equation.

You should remove patched ACPI files as they could be causing an issue (I didn't look to see if they were valid).
And you should specify an invalid FakeID to take graphics issues out of the equation.

Ok, thanks you, I will try it !

I know this is an old thread and I apologize if any inconvenience from reviving an old post. If anyone could help me that'd be great. I will even be willing to pay if anyone could lend me a helping hand. here is the situation i have also an Alienware 15 r2 4k uhd touch. Havent seen in forums anything else related to the 15r2 with uhd screen.

Here are my specs:alienware 15r2 uhd 4k touch screen, 16gb ddr4, 256 m.2 ssd, 1 tb hdd, i7 6700hq, gtx 970m, intel graphics hd 530.

i get as far as making the bootloader with createinstallmedia then making the efi with clover. I browsed all over tonymac. Ive copied the config list or even the entire efi folder from several others that have 15 r2 regular non 4k touch and even the efi the original creator of this post made, 1 build got me as far as apple logo loading halfway but it just stuck there. Tried rebooting with verbose mode and stays for 20 min+ on bunch screen with letters and no luck. I have very little experience with clover and don't understand that modifying properties stuff, or the patching of the 4k screen.

perhaps if i send the efi file and if anyone could tell me what im doing wrong that'd be great. I'd even pay if we can get this working. I tried doing with unibeast with uefi boot, no graphics. In bios for both clover trial and unibeast has virtualization and v/t disabled; uefi boot and secure boot off, ahci, and even tried legacy and no luck. with unibeast it loads and gets halfway then the big circle with the diagonal line appears and i have to constantly restart my computer. I read the post before from rehab man says must patch it, I don't have the sufficient knowledge to do that; if perhaps I could upload the efi file or if someone could upload an efi folder with the files already patched and all would be required to paste it that would be great. As mentioned above I'd gladly pay for it; if anyone out there willing to give a shot please let me know.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Make sure you read the FAQ regarding UHD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back