1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone !

I've a problem with my Alienware.

The config is: i7 6700HQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1To SSD 850 Evo, 4K display, GTX 980M 8GB.

I created an El Capitan USB key with UniBeast, followed some topics since thursday, but, when I want to install the hackintosh, i get an issue.

I put differents boot flags on Clover: (without quotes)

"nv_disable=1 -v"
"dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v"
"nv_disable=1"

I tried without any flag, but I've a no-entry sign.

Evertytime, the OS X install program doesn't boot.
I uploaded the verbose I get, and I hope you will can help me.

Thanks you !

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 212
Hi everyone !

I've a problem with my Alienware.

The config is: i7 6700HQ, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1To SSD 850 Evo, 4K display, GTX 980M 8GB.

I created an El Capitan USB key with UniBeast, followed some topics since thursday, but, when I want to install the hackintosh, i get an issue.

I put differents boot flags on Clover: (without quotes)

"nv_disable=1 -v"
"dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v"
"nv_disable=1"

I tried without any flag, but I've a no-entry sign.

Evertytime, the OS X install program doesn't boot.
I uploaded the verbose I get, and I hope you will can help me.

Thanks you !

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Thank you for your answer, I already followed the tuto, but nothing changed for me...
I also added my config in my signature.

Thank you for your answer, I already followed the tuto, but nothing changed for me...
I also added my config in my signature.

Did you read the section in the FAQ regarding UHD/QHD+ screens?

Hint: You will need to use a bogus FakeID 0x12345678 in order to disable graphics drivers... because they won't work without patched IOKit.

I did not understand everything in the tuto, but I believe that it applies when we already have OS X, while it is the installation which does not launch at me...

I did not understand everything in the tuto, but I believe that it applies when we already have OS X, while it is the installation which does not launch at me...

Applies to just having Windows installed.

Applies to just having Windows installed.

Hi !

I applied the tuto, but without any success.
So, I used the EFI of Trevelassong. (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-alw-15-r2-install-ei-capitan.183018/page-15#post-1251801)

I precise that we have exactly the same computer, I've just the 4K screen, and Trevelassong have the Full HD, and I've the GTX 980M, he have the 970M.

We are on the right way, because when the progress bar is at the middle, I've a black screen, and the installation doesn't load.
I modified the EFI, like your tuto for the 4K screen, but it's the same result.

I post the EFI, so can you tell me if I correctly modified it ?

Tanks,
Robin

EDIT: I think it's just a display issue, because when i press the caps lock key, I have the light, and my screen is backlight... So, I hope it's just a bad setting.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Hi !

I applied the tuto, but without any success.
So, I used the EFI of Trevelassong. (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-alw-15-r2-install-ei-capitan.183018/page-15#post-1251801)

I precise that we have exactly the same computer, I've just the 4K screen, and Trevelassong have the Full HD, and I've the GTX 980M, he have the 970M.

We are on the right way, because when the progress bar is at the middle, I've a black screen, and the installation doesn't load.
I modified the EFI, like your tuto for the 4K screen, but it's the same result.

I post the EFI, so can you tell me if I correctly modified it ?

Tanks,
Robin

EDIT: I think it's just a display issue, because when i press the caps lock key, I have the light, and my screen is backlight... So, I hope it's just a bad setting.

UHD screens require patched IOKit. Did you patch it? See FAQ.

UHD screens require patched IOKit. Did you patch it? See FAQ.

No, I didn't, because it's to be after the installation, and I can't install OS X...

No, I didn't, because it's to be after the installation, and I can't install OS X...

You must use FakeID 0x12345678 until you can patch IOKit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back