Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hm170
CPU
Intel 6820HK
Graphics
Intel HD 530 + Nvidia GTX 980m 8Gb
I am trying to have high sierra to boot properly the first time (after the install on an APFS SSD) but it looks like i am having a graphic problem (or maybe something else).
Using my previous CPU files (with a generated SSDT.aml from PikerAlpha) was leading to a kernel CPU panic, so using NullCPU for now. I also disabled my GPU (Nvidia) through ACPI patching in the DSDT.
Attached screenshots of the boot process and one where the boot process stops and my EFI folder.
Any help would be appreciated.

WIN_20171004_19_46_54_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171004_19_46_58_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171004_19_47_00_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171004_19_47_03_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171004_19_47_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171004_19_47_16_Pro.jpg
WIN_20171004_19_47_41_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 135
I am trying to have high sierra to boot properly the first time (after the install on an APFS SSD) but it looks like i am having a graphic problem (or maybe something else).
Using my previous CPU files (with a generated SSDT.aml from PikerAlpha) was leading to a kernel CPU panic, so using NullCPU for now. I also disabled my GPU (Nvidia) through ACPI patching in the DSDT.
Attached screenshots of the boot process and one where the boot process stops and my EFI folder.

I faced this yesterday due to a mistyped kext patch for 9mb cursor bytes. Just looking at your config, you need to inject ig-platform-id as 0x19160000.

Actually, everything was correct for me, the only thing that i had to do was to boot into windows first then reboot into mac, and now all is working well. My Graphics injections is performed through ACPI (SSDT-HDMI-HD530.aml).
The remaining problem that i have (yes i installed on APFS) is that boot from the HDD (when using clover) is reallllyyyyy slow, whereas using exactly the same clover files from the USB key leads to a very fast boot.
There are many reports about TRIM causing the slow boot because of APFS, but why is it booting much faster from the USB key (trim is enabled in both cases, booting from the HDD or from the USB).

View attachment 283265 View attachment 283266 View attachment 283267 View attachment 283268 View attachment 283269 View attachment 283270 View attachment 283271

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

Or follow guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I am actually having a working system now using the files above (i just removed ssdt-nvme.aml and added MatchOs 10.13 on KernelToPatch section). Everything is working properly including fast boot without disabling trim on an APFS filesystem.
The remaining problem is now with the internal NVME SSD that is detected as external (yellow icons). I used to have ssdt-nvme.aml to address this issue in Sierra, but this file is not working anymore with High Sierra (system doesn't boot anymore).
Also not sure if it is a widespread issue, but my CPU clocks are not detected even through i am using the latest hwmonitor with the CPU sensor kext.

I am actually having a working system now using the files above (i just removed ssdt-nvme.aml and added MatchOs 10.13 on KernelToPatch section). Everything is working properly including fast boot without disabling trim on an APFS filesystem.
The remaining problem is now with the internal NVME SSD that is detected as external (yellow icons). I used to have ssdt-nvme.aml to address this issue in Sierra, but this file is not working anymore with High Sierra (system doesn't boot anymore).

Inject built-in with SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml. Don't inject other properties (class-code, etc).

Also not sure if it is a widespread issue, but my CPU clocks are not detected even through i am using the latest hwmonitor with the CPU sensor kext.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Im trying to install high sierra, and i got this error: service exited with abnormal code 1. i tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to change. i used fake ID on inject intel 0x12345678 and still does not work. Photo and efi.zip here.

Attachments

• 20171214_164217.jpg
    20171214_164217.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 112
  • EFI.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 98
Im trying to install high sierra, and i got this error: service exited with abnormal code 1. i tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to change. i used fake ID on inject intel 0x12345678 and still does not work. Photo and efi.zip here.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Keep in mind 4k requires the use of an invalid ig-platform-id until you can patch for the pixel clock limit (CoreDisplayFixup.kext + Lilu.kext).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back