Contribute
Register

Alder Lake and 11th Gen Looks to be possible Now

Are you ready to take a chance that 12th Gen will work?

• YES

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • NO

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hunsn BM21 Destop Computer i9 9800h H370 Chipset
CPU
i9-10900K/I7-11700
Graphics
UHD630 INTERNAL
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
" First, Intel Alder Lake. This required a substantial amount of changes in OpenCore and Kexts, and we believe it is possible that more changes might happen in the future. OpenCore currently recognizes the 12th CPU generation by Intel and includes several ACPI samples that make the bring-up process smoother. We also adjusted some quirks like ProvideConsoleGop to workaround ASUS firmware specialties. Thanks to @R-a-s-c-a-l, AppleALC was updated to support Z690’s audio controller, although we have not been able to test this ourselves yet. We also crafted a pilot version of the CpuTopologySync driver, allowing the use of efficiency cores in macOS. I thank @vandroiy2013 for spending days and nights debugging this piece of hardware, giving smart ideas, and all in all, helping me understand the caveats."

0.7.6 now released with Kext updates: https://dortania.github.io/hackintosh/updates/2021/12/07/acidanthera-december.html

Well, you haven't been paying attention to the hottest threads of the past month:
Z690 Golden Build

Well, you haven't been paying attention to the hottest threads of the past month:
Z690 Golden Build

Thanks, Etorix,
I missed those builds, and I finally got my answer to my question (reading through the 690 builds) about the Lastest Intel Rapid storage drivers being installed in Windows 10 and 11, If you have an existing windows drive say 10/11 Pro, and you transfer/upgrade to a newer board say a Z490 Z590 Z690 I board and activate.

If you boot and reinstall Install Intel chipset drivers and the Latest ME and Rapid Storage drivers you will get a warning that you cannot uninstall the RS driver before you continue. (This assumes you have completely unconnected your OC mac install which you have done separately first!)

The install will reboot automatically to safe mode temp condition and change the AHCI setting to Intel Premium Optane Rapid Storage in the Bios and this will only allow that Windows drive to boot with THIS bios setting. The Mac OS must have AHCI ONLY. Switching the bios setting back to Ahci will make the windows drive boot to a blue screen saying there are no bootable volumes and may result in complete data loss. The windows drive is not easily fixable as the Intel RS driver cannot be removed once installed easily, (and will show in the device manager as an Intel storage controller), even with the Command-line removal fix. The best fix for this problem is to reset to AHCI in the bios reinstall clean Windows without the RS driver. Do not use the RS driver or bios setting for windows install if doing a dual boot Open Core Mac / Windows build!

You missed these too :)

I Knew 590's worked but I currently have Z490 I am working on that Intel I225 show as working but will not connect!! I have a AMD B550 build and it works flawlessly.
I have other unsolvable mysteries as well.

The ethernet is recognized (under Big Sur and Monterey but will not connect) I have made a couple of connection with it but then they cease. I have an Apple Broadcom card with an adapter in the lower M.2 slot and It works flawlessly with the latest Big Sur both Wifi and Bluetooth, I did a test install clean of Monterey and Bluetooth shows but will not work. Took the same drive reformated and went back to the latest big sure and Bluetooth is back but no ethernet. (SK Hynix 2.5" SSD
Let me know if you can check my config.plist for errors? ( I will pull serials ) I just install Win 11 clean and all three devices are working flawlessly. WD m.2 Nvme in top SSD slot.
The wifi/Bluetooth onboard is disabled in Bios and Factory Intel Cnvi card has been removed. USB ports are mapped to magic 15. [Asus Rog Z490I] bios update to one before Win 11 which is the latest...
I can provide IOreg or Hqackintool PCIE info on Ethernet if needed.
Using OC patch and boot arg for I225-V spoof..
EFI is essentially a modified Jergoo/Github version updated to 0.7.6 with the latest kexts. I gave up on Monterey when Bluetooth stopped working. Removal of Dext Boot arg causes Ethernet to completely disappear.
I am wondering if my Ethernet location in IOreg device id is different than the standard for spoof to work properly?
USB ethernet adapter works flawlessly as a workaround for mac side.

So you say pull the patch and the argument and see what happens (for 11.6.1) or (12.1)? Here is Jergoo's config.plist Look it over for obvious errors in the I225 spoof portion which mimics the instructions from the Dortania Open Core Install Guide.
My plist is similar. I will try F3150000 as well...

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.9 KB · Views: 101
Pulling Argument and or Patch removes ethernet as a working device. F3150000 does not work either. Further after adding win 11 as a separate disk install on the NVMe M.2 drive the Mac OS does not boot properly, Clearing Nvram removes the Mac drive the bios boot list as the selection and resetting it does not show as change when hitting F10 but it then holds again and OpenCore is back but the Mac os takes like 3 attempted to boot and I get a screen from the OS that the OS was shut down improperly (is that a boot panic)?? I am really frustrated now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back