Contribute
Register

ALC898 not working in 10.10.5 new install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
mac
CPU
i7 920
Graphics
gtx 260
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed yosemite on an ASUS Maximus V Gene board using raid 0. I'm booting the latest clover from a usb stick because i don't want to change the config.plist file on the EFI partition of 3 raid drives every time i want to experiment with new kexts...

so, i made a backup of the stock appleHDA kext. i've tried the latest yosemite multibeast installing ALC898, and accidentally installed it with audio 2.... so i've tried multiple times to reinstall the correct kext

i've:

-changed the config.plist with audio inject 0, 1, 2, detect
-i've tried to patch the original appleHDA in place from Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

every time i've tried to install a new appleHDA, i've deleted the old one, along with HDAEnabler. am i missing a kext that was also edited by multibeast when installed? do i need to change something in clover?

i DO have 2 IOAudioFamily kexts, so i'm wondering if those are interfering?

thanks.

audio install from multibeast is on raid. I've always installed it on the raid. the kext needs to go to the s/l/e folder, right?

I've got it working. the problem was, I have both an EFI loader, and a regular clover loader. I kept thinking the EFI loader was the primary, but i guess it's just there for show, the regular loader is the primary (FAT formatted drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back