- Sep 21, 2016
- intell 4400
I know this is a older thread but i just had to say THANK YOU! spent 2 hours trying to get audio on this Dell 8700 (free i7.. who am i to complain) and followed your steps.. perfect.. thanks a ton This was on alc898
After a lot of trial and error this is how it worked for me permanently.
Hope this may help you!
- Copy „HDAEnabler1.kext“ to /System/Library/Extensions/ (https://github.com/toleda/audio_kext_enabler)
- Repair kext files with Kext Wizard, file permissions have to be changed
- Check with DPCI Manager if „Realtek ALC898“ is detected
- Open „audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command“ (https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC)
- Confirm Realtek ALC898: y
- Clover Audio ID injection: y
- Use Audio ID: 1