Contribute
Register

ALC898 audio dropouts on rear jack only

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Without DSDT - ALC887 current with Hdenabler-1 = No Audio dropout on Rear Green Port. But 5.1 audio is not available. It shows in the Midi speaker config, but no sound through rear & centre. Multichannel output also only uses front speakers

Wow, great data points. Since I'm only using a 2.1 system, I was hoping I could move the audio back to the rear... not sure if I did this right, but I had HDAEnabler1.kext and HDAEnabler2.kext in my S/L/E dir and deleted HDAEnabler2.kext from there. Still having dropouts on the rear jack.

I have never experienced this problem before, but it is now happening to me.
Thank you for working on this problem and providing detailed results of important experiments. This thread is about the ALC898 and a green port audio drop out problem on the Z77X-UD5H TH. For this motherboard, the orange port appears to provide audio without drop outs. A hypothesis is the source of the problem may be poor green port audio circuit design. Note, green port audio does not work at all on the Z77X-UD5H (non TH).

For the ALC887 on the GA-B75M-D3P, you have also described a green port audio problem. This problem is not the same as discussed in this thread. From your experiments, it is cleat the problem occurs with the Audio ID: 2 (analog 5.1). The work around is Audio ID: 1 which provides only green port audio output.

To phatsweep and
SubXero, I recommend not using this thread for the 887/GA-B75M-D3P green port audio drop out. Please start a separate thread with the information you presented above.

I may be having the same issue. This is my motherboard and I was not keen enough to establish whether or not it was audio stuttering or video stuttering. I will try plugging the wire into other ports. Any new developments on this?

I may be having the same issue. This is my motherboard and I was not keen enough to establish whether or not it was audio stuttering or video stuttering. I will try plugging the wire into other ports. Any new developments on this?

I did what some others did in this thread. I plugged my green analog wire into the orange port in the back of my Z77X-UD5H TH. Then I switched from internal speakers setting to line out and wallah! Works like a charm.

Is there any downside to using this workaround?

**Edit**Maybe the answer is to purchase speakers that have an optical line in.

Hi All,

I just wanted to chime in with confirmation of the same result with the Z77X-UP5 TH.

Front Audio- No dropouts
Black Rear (select bottom "Line Out")- No dropouts
Orange Rear (select top "Line Out")- No dropouts
Green Rear (select "Internal Speakers")- dropouts

I also find that I have to select the "Headphone Port" (the same as "Internal Speakers") if I plug in headphones to be able to get sound on the front port. That disables the "Line Out" (Black and Orange) ports.

I'm happy to test if needed. Thanks for your posts, as I now have clean sound on a 2.1 speaker setup.

Is it my impression that going to a USB (digital) speaker system also resolves the issue, and then allows surround?

Thanks

I have the same problem :
- The "Built in" device change quickly to "headphone".

I have unplug internal connector for audio but the problem persists.

A workaround solution is to plug the jack in the "headphone" of your front panel. The problem disapears but it is not very beautiful.

Just a thought, but perhaps the no audio/dropouts on the Z77X-UD5 boards is due to the TI DRV632 line drivers used as the headphone amps for the green jacks? ;)

My build is on a GA-Z77X-UP5-TH. I just upgraded from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 (thankfully on a separate cloned drive). The audio on the 10.8.4 didn't work at all so I ran multibeast and installed the 898 "without DSDT" drivers. Sound now works but it intermittently skips. In looking in the Audio MIDI Setup, the Source field quickly jumps from "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones" whenever an audio skip occurs. I also do not get skips on the front audio jack.

I may try another 10.8.4 upgrade as my 10.8.2 build still works fine. If that doesn't work, I guess I'm stuck at 10.8.2 :thumbdown:

My build is on a GA-Z77X-UP5-TH. I just upgraded from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 (thankfully on a separate cloned drive). The audio on the 10.8.4 didn't work at all so I ran multibeast and installed the 898 "without DSDT" drivers. Sound now works but it intermittently skips. In looking in the Audio MIDI Setup, the Source field quickly jumps from "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones" whenever an audio skip occurs. I also do not get skips on the front audio jack.

I may try another 10.8.4 upgrade as my 10.8.2 build still works fine. If that doesn't work, I guess I'm stuck at 10.8.2 :thumbdown:
OK. I created a new clone of 10.8.2, upgraded to 10.8.4 and before rebooting, I installed the 898 driver. This seems to work. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back