Contribute
Register

ALC892 No Audio Devices on Mojave (H97M-D3H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey chdimis could you please attach your config.plist file and what do you have in `kexts/Other`.
I'm currently unable to make it work on Mojave ( Trying MB 10.4 and just AppleALC, same no devices.

I have the same sound cars as you (ALC892), and its working perfectly under Mojave, you need to use AppleALC+Lilu kexts with the latest version in EFI folder in order to make it work, also there is no need to add -lilubeta if you use the latest versions of the above mentioned kexts.

I installed latest Lilu 1.2.7 and AppleALC 1.3.2 to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

But still no audio devices detected. Can you please share your config file also?

Try with the latest AppleALC and the latest Lilu, you might have to undo whatever Multibeast did first though and probably restore the original AppleHDA in S/L/E
I found this guide https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC_guides/blob/master/Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf
but I'm not sure what exactly I need to do. Can I just download AppleHDA file or no?

UPDATE: I finally did it, just restored AppleHDS via Pacifist, that was final step I missed.

Last edited:
I have the same motherboard and sound card the only thing I have gotten to work with Mojave is VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.1
the kext attached worked for me after trying everything else.
thank you dcmcgo!

Thanks for this. Installed VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.1, after downloading from your link, using KextBeast2 into /System/Library/Extensions. Selected 7.1CH Audio line-out port, for Output in my Sound Preference. Works fine, BUT, for only one restart.... So removed VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.1

SUCCESS! Ran latest Multibeast 10.4. Checked the box to load AppleALC for Audio and pretty much nothing else. Have restarted a number of times and have Internal Speakers in Sound Preferences running full audio now!

-------------
Confirmed: AppleALC from Multibeast 10.4.0 worked for me as well. Thanks!

I made several attempts, I tried using VoodooHDA, AppleHDA, I tried using the latest AppleALC and Lilu, and also the AppleALC of Multibeast, but I did not succeed!

My Motherboard is ASROCK H81M..

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back